S2-54 | Royal Inquisition

Part Two
S2-54 Royal Inquisition

Benedict glared at me, his blue eyes seething with barely controlled fury. I unconsciously stepped back, overwhelmed with his presence but his warning growl made me froze. He exhaled heavily, eyes sharp as it fleeted to the cover of the piano on the floor.

"I didn't-" I tried to tell him it wasn't me but his glare cut off my words.

"Get out. " He spat the words. The maid grabbed my arm and ushered me out of the room. My heart was pounding against my chest as she dragged me across the hallway to the porch, where a sleek black car is waiting.

The maid ushered me inside and gave curt instructions to the driver before turning to me with an apologetic expression.

"Forget what you saw. Now go. Good luck." She smiled and closed the car door.

Her words stayed in my mind. The room was almost bare.

What was so special with it?

I sighed and settled in the car as it started to move.
I should concentrate with my trial now. What an incredibly great timing to anger the head of the council by trespassing in a room when it was the very day of my trial. I scowled at my reflection in the car's window.

I just made the head of the council despise me.

Great job!

The car arrived at a huge mansion after thirty minutes. A guard escorted me inside the royal mansion. Dozens of guards lined up the long hallway, their nonchalant expressions made them look like statues.

A huge double door stood at the end of the hallway. My heart beat started to race as we stopped in front of it. It opened noisily, revealing a spacious chamber inside, the walls made up of glass, the ceiling over thirty feet high, adorned with mosaicked glass. The guard lead me inside. Upfront, a raised platform took up one side of the chamber.

I spied fourteen persons sitting around a triangular table. As I enter their attention snapped to me. I recognized some of them including Loki, Portia, Benedict and two other men from the council visit, whose name I can't remember.

"Welcome to the chamber of inquiry miss Honey LeChat. " Benedict started in a nonchalant tone, standing up from his seat at the apex of the triangle. His blue eyes pierced mine.

"You are being trialled as a traitor in the Romanov breach that happened eight months from now. Do you have any objections?"

I bit the inside of my cheek, mustering courage to speak.

"No sir " I managed not to stutter.

"Very well. I am calling your maker- Roarke Romanov to join the inquisition."

A guard proceeded to opened a hidden door on the side.

I held in my breath as Roarke entered the room, exuding a formidable aura that seemed to fill the room and announce his presence.

His gaze fall on me. I stopped breathing as I searched his expression for a hint on what he thinks of me, but his stoic front didn't betray even a sliver of emotion. He stepped in beside me and faced the council calmly.

"I Roarke Romanov, the head of the Romanov house and Honey LeChat's master stand before the council." His cold voice bounced off the walls of the chamber.

I turned my attention back to the council. A short girl with unruly brown curls stepped near the railing. "I will begin questioning. Please answer as concise as you can. Your response will affect the judgement of the court. " the girl said, her blue eyes flickered to me.