S2-80 | Vinculum Fidei

Scarlet Legacy Part Two
S2-80 | Vinculum Fidei

The fights around the battlefield were just commencing when the others arrived. Elijah had marveled at the whirlwind on the opposite side of the field. Ella and Tasha were almost in a panic trying to search for Christopher and Jonah

At that moment though, it was Loki who spotted Roarke and Declan fighting against Luke.

“I got to kill that bastard!” Loki uttered in mad rage and decided to join the fight. Tasha frantically searched the battlefield for the sign of Jonah but he was nowhere to be found. Panic stole over her. If anything happens to him, she wouldn’t be able to live with herself.

“He’s in there with her.” Elijah pointed at the whirlwind. Tasha gasped softly, fear completely seized her heart.

“We need to get him out!”

“Hush” Elijah chastised and smiled. “He knows exactly what to do dear.”

“What do you mean? He’s just a boy!” Tasha exclaimed.

“He is. But is a king nonetheless. You don’t have to worry. What we need to do now is to keep the witches from interfering.”

“Witches?”

Just then, an invisible force hit Tasha’s side. She shrieked in pain. Ella was on her side the next instant, scouring the perimeter on who had attacked.

“How marvelous. I knew you’d come here, Elijah.” Ilhea appeared in front of them with another woman. “I don't believe you have met yet? Should I introduce you to her? This is the vessel’s mother and a sister from our Circle. '

Elijah snickered. “Oh. I had met Daniel’s puppet a long time ago. I see you’re a real girl now.”

Honey’s mother growled in annoyance. Heat emanated from her right hand. Red-orange sparks swirled to a fiery fireball formed on the palm of her hand. She tossed it towards Elijah with blinding speed. Before it could reach her, the fire swiftly turned to hundreds of golden butterflies.

“Amateur,” Elijah muttered and tossed back a ball of blue fire that instantly consumed Honey’s mother. Her screech filled the air and drowned out the sound of clashing swords.

Ilhea bristled with anger and was about to interfere when Portia shot her in her chest.  The smell of burnt flesh permeated around them as the wound in her chest sizzled. She gasped and stumbled backward. She clawed at the wound until a silver bullet finally slipped out and drop to the ground with an inaudible 'tink'. She glared at Portia and uttered words in an undecipherable language. It sounded like an intense chant.

Portia gasped, the gun in her hand dropped to the ground, followed by both of her knees. She started to choke and black liquid spurted out from her mouth.

“You bitch!” Ella shouted but then she too got affected by the curse. She started to curl on the ground and groan in unimaginable pain. Soon thereafter blood flowed along the inside of her thighs.

“No! No!!!!” she sobbed and shrieked. “Not my baby!”

Christopher who was battling against a vampire felt his mate’s distress. He thrust his sword more forcefully to the vampires side and rushed towards Ella.

“You won't kill anyone Ilhea.” Elijah murmured. “Its time to go, dear sister.” And Elijah once again raised her hand, palm facing Ilhea outward. A blinding white light appeared from her open palm.  Ilhea flew backward, bursting into thousands of black beetles. It scattered and disappeared in every direction.