S1-15 | Scarlet

Dearest Readers. Thank you so much for taking Defying Roarke to Werewolf #216. Its' highest attainment so far. I can't ask for more. I'm so happy. Thank you for reading and enjoying the story. Sorry for not being able to update sooner. I have classes but today I have free time... soooo... here it is.... Enjoy reading! - Amelia.

S15. Scarlet

I was praying not to meet him -or to get lost.

The notion was possible, especially when I didn't know where his office was. I pursed my lips and decided against turning right for the third time.

The hallways looked almost identical, it was hard to tell if I was going in circles or not.

The shower did nothing to clear the random thoughts popping in my head. I wanted to just run away from this place and from him. The connection between him and me, that little speck of lust and mind-blowing attraction, it all has to stop -soon before I lost my mind.

Unfortunately, my limits are yet to be tested.

I stopped in front of a slightly ajar double door. I can almost smell him even without entering. Leaning forward, I squinted at the open space.

Roarke was standing there. Yes. It felt like all the blood rushed in my head. He was standing there but not alone. A girl a couple years older than me was in the room. Her whole body was covered with leather, extremely fitted to her body. It almost looked like she was naked in shiny black.

I couldn't explain the anger that overtook my emotions when I saw her touched his chest and laughed at him. Roarke didn't looked like he mind her touching him.

For the first time in my life. I felt like I could kill someone. I was seeing red -literally. My breathing turned ragged and I realized my hands were fisted into tight fists.

I closed my eyes tightly, trying to even out my breathing.

Before I could even regret barging in, I left.

I didn't know where to go. The only thing I want to escape was the scent of the woman coupled with his.

'Kill!Kill!Kill!' that eerie voice in my mind started to whisper. Cold sweat run down my back. How I want to turn back and do just that but I desperately fought my body once again.

'Yes. Kill Kill Kill!!!'

A sharp yip made me froze. I looked at the way I came, to find the hallway as empty as it was before. I heard another yip. I looked down with a frown and found a cute white puppy. But there was something wrong with it. It was staring up at me, with scarlet eyes. It was not Jonah and something tells me it wasn't a werewolf either. The white puppy wagged its tail back and forth and regarded me silently.

I caught a glance at something hanging on its neck.

I crouched down and peered at it. There was a silver key hanging on its collar.

I looked back at the puppy and fell back on my butt when I stared straight back at blue eyes -not scarlet. I was sure they were scarlet before. The puppy moved towards me. I held my breath as it pushed its snout to my neck, then to my hand. I felt something cold touched my open palm. I looked down and found the key in my hand. I looked back at the puppy, but it was already running away.

I expelled the breath I was holding and held up the key. It looked old, the intricate patterns engraved on its handle suggest I had seen it before. I frowned.

Where?

'Come.' A soft voice echoed and bounced off the walls.

'Come, come.' The voice repeated with urgency. I stood up and started to follow where I think it came from. My heart was beating rapidly but I couldn't stop. The voice sounded so familiar. It almost sounded soothing.