S2-76 | Past Reflections

~A bit of a long chapter ahead. Enjoy!

Scarlet Legacy Part Two

S2-76 | Past Reflections

~Honey LeChat

There was nothing but mirrors in this black plane. The solid ground, covered by fog so thick I could only feel but not see the point where my feet touch the ground.

I walked around the plane aimlessly, my mind blank, my thoughts only circling to where I was.

I had a short thought that I was forgetting something important but it vanished.

I saw eight rectangular thin blocks standing upright in a double layered circle not too far away. Each circular layer composed of four blocks. As I got nearer, I realized that the blocks were not blocks at all but mirrors. The reflected light of each surface chased the dark fogged that merely danced around it.

I went closer, noting that each mirror had different frames. Some were in bronze, others in gold, and silver. Some carved with angels, others with flowers, and demons. The one that caught my attention the most was the broken frame holding one of the mirrors in the inner circle.

As I walked past the mirrors, I realized I had no reflection and each time I look, the mirror would crack and a distorted image would appear. But I paid it no mind, intent to reach the broken one.

And finally, when I stood before it, I didn't see myself. Instead, I saw a child folded in the ground, hugging her knees close to her. Her head covered by auburn waves buried on the crook made by her knees and bosom.

I pressed a hand on the surface of the mirror and the girl inside lifted up her head.

Her blue-green eyes filled with tears. Her pink cheeks were wet with them and her red lips trembled in fear and overwhelming sadness.

"Why are you crying? What's wrong? Who put you inside?" The questions spilled in my head but I couldn't utter the last one, Who are you?, for deep inside, I already knew the answer.

She lifted her arm, folded her fingers and pointed right at me.

"You locked me away."

*~*~*

Roarke growled and pounced again towards Xathos but the vampire was quick to trace. Declan matched his brother's speed and tried to hold him down to give Roarke the chance to strike. It was then that Luke decided to join the battle.

"It was shameful of you to fight two against one. That's tipping down the fairness of the fight." Luke drawled, unsheathing his sword. The sword blade made a soft hiss. He glanced at Olivia who was standing on the side, watching with a satisfied smile on her face.

"Should I give his head to you as a gift?"

Olivia chuckled. "That won't be necessary my love. " She gestured to herself or rather to the body, she had inhabited. "This body is the greatest gift you had given me."

Luke grinned."Anything for you my queen."

Roarke was no more infuriated with their exchanged than the fact that Honey was standing there. Yet, it was not her and she was somewhere inside, he had to believe she was still in there, somewhere.

"She's not here anymore. She's gone." Olivia told him as if she had read his mind and anger bubbled up inside him. His knuckles were white from clenching his fist too hard and gritted teeth from an effort to remain silent. His form exuded an animosity that was like acid - burning, slicing, potent. When Luke spoke again, his mental restraint snapped and he lunged to him with all his might.