S1-21 | Surprise

RECAP:

"No. Not her. I will make sure this won't happen again." His hold tightened on me and I remembered what Dr. Morris said. "This is your problem Miss LeChat, you assume the worst of everybody."

Was I assuming worst of him?

Then it makes everything a lot worse.

S21.Surprise

I drifted in and out of sleep. The wounds were gone. I wasn't surprised and I didn't bother to ask how. Apparently, being a werewolf has its perks.

Roarke carried me as he jogged through the forest. He looked like he didn't mind and I probably don't weigh that much. The silence was not bothersome, to say the least. It was even soothing. As if I don't hate him anymore. But that's probably because I was emotionally weary and physically feels like I was crushed by a car and miraculously lived. Though, I was pretty much aware that he was naked.

I could see the mansion at a distance. It looked out of place in the middle of the woods and yet it looked out of those fairy tale books I've been reading when I was a child. I couldn't believe I was just noticing it now.

There was a twenty foot tall black gates, vines curling around the steel bars, and covering most of the walls. Upon spotting us, the guards immediately saluted and quickly opened the gates. I was starting to feel embarrassed with the way he was carrying me. I cleared my throat softly. Roarke looked down at me. His face devoid of any emotion.

"You could let me down now. I could walk." I said, my eyes darting towards the soldiers whose eyes were on us. My cheeks heated up in embarrassment. His brow shot up but then he surprised me by complying.

I wobbled as soon as he set me down to my feet. My legs hadn't regained their strength. I frowned at it and looked sheepishly at him. Well, not at him but at his muscular back. I glared at his sexy back.

I tried to follow him, wobbling every now and then. It was comical how the soldiers looked torn between helping me and waiting for him to looked back and notice my weakened state. I saw him sighed, his tense muscles going slack before he turned to look back at me, his face still nonchalant.

I stopped in my tracks, panting ever so slightly. "I'm fine." I squeaked, trying to get myself upright.

I could have sworn I saw the side of his lips lift up ever so slightly. Was it a ghost of a smile I was seeing or was I imaging the latter?

He stalked towards me. I kept my eyes to his face. He did have a nice body. More than nice, nevertheless, he was still a naked man.

My cheeks was burning feverishly when he got to me. In one swift move, he had me in his arms again. I kept my eyes on his chest the whole way as we traversed the pathway up to the mansion.

I instantly spotted Henry beside Yuan at the entrance. He gave me a wink, grinning widely at me and Roarke. Yuan bowed slightly.

"Get someone to prepare the bath for her." Roarke ordered and looked at Henry. "You can check on her once she's rested." He said and gently set me down. He looked down at me. "We'll meet at Dinner again. I have things to do." He said. One of his hand stroked my cheek and then he was striding to the hallway that lead to the dungeons. I gulped.

"Welcome back Honey." Henry said and started inside the house. "Best clean yourself. I have a surprise for you later on." He winked again before disappearing in the shadows of the manor.

Two maids helped me up to my room. Against my wishes, they helped me bathe and get dressed.

I asked them to help me down to the gardens. I haven't seen Jonah or Tasha anywhere. I hoped they were all right. They were probably mad at me for escaping while the mansion was under attack. Who wouldn't?