S1-33 | The Beacon of War

S33. The Beacon of War

I woke up to the smell of coffee. I stretched languidly in bed, burrowing at the pleasant warm that seemed to cocoon me.

"How long do you think she will sleep brother?" Jonah asked curiously. My eyes shot opened and I quickly sat up in bed. Sure enough, Jonah and Roarke were having breakfast by the terrace. It was then that I remembered where I was and how I came to be there. I groaned in embarrassment and fell back to bed.

"Get up and eat. We will be leaving in two hours." Roarke's cold voice carried through like an icy gust of wind. I sat back up in bed in alarm.

"I haven't packed yet." I hurriedly get out of bed, having every intent to get back to my room and pack my things.

"That's already taken care of. Now sit and eat breakfast." He said coolly. I stopped in my tracks and made my way to them instead. Jonah was enjoying his bread and butter sandwich he merely cast a glance as I sit between them.

Roarke placed egg and bacon in my plate and gestured for me to eat. I grumbled under my breath, clearly annoyed he didn't woke me up.

I shove a mouthful of eggs in my mouth and regarded him stealthily. the dark circles under his eyes were gone. He was busy scrolling something from his phone. His eyes suddenly snapped to me knowingly.

I discreetly lowered my eyes to his spotless plate and raise a brow at him.

"You're not eating?"

He didn't respond and return his attention back to his phone. I rolled my eyes and leaned over the table to reach the plate of eggs and bacon and dumped the rest of it to his plate. He glared at me.

Jonah's giggle cut through the intense atmosphere that surrounded us.

"You need to eat." I said with a shrug and shove another spoonful of egg in my mouth so he would not force me to answer.

"I don't eat breakfast." He said in his annoyed voice. I merely smiled at him, chewing my food softly.

I watched in amusement as he took a bite of bacon, a spoonful of egg and another until he forgot his phone and silently eat.

For a horrid moment, his action resembled that of a shy yet cute animal. I squashed that thought away and finished my breakfast. I smirk at him as he straightened his plate now empty and a frown settling in his brows.

He looked at me nonchalantly. A blush crept to my cheeks. I quickly excused myself from both of them and slip out of the room. My heart beat was frenzy. His blue eyes had looked at me so deep. It felt like he was seeing all of me and it felt dangerously unnerving.

Moments later, we were distributed in cars in groups of three. I was unlucky enough to be in the same car as Roarke and Jamie and I wasn't the one riding shotgun.

The spark of jealousy ignited with a fierce intensity. Roarke was the one who told Jamie to sit in front. I narrowed my eyes at the back of his head, drilling a hole at it, cursing him mentally over and over again. My wolf was agitated; I could only take deep breaths to ensure that my wolf is in check. It didn't help that Jamie kept looking at me from the rear view mirror; cringing when I glared at her.

Great, I was openly expressing my animosity towards a child.

The silence that settled in the car was sickening, I wished I was with Tasha or Jonah, at least I wouldn't be stuck with the two persons I hated the most. Instead, I focused on the scenery we are passing by, trying to think of something else.

The first that came in mind was my mother. Henry had reassured me she was fine but I couldn't meet her yet and that Roarke would be the one to tell me if it's time for a visit. I couldn't complain, at least, now she was awake and being taken care of.