S2-70 | A Vow to Remember

~Sorry for the late update. My schedule is as bad as an octopus wiring. I can't find time to write at all.

Scarlet Legacy Part Two

S70. A Vow to Remember

Declan's home-Diederich Hall is situated in the middle of fifty acres of land. It was a formidable fortress, surrounded by a twenty-foot tall black gate, made of pure iron. Black roses -the insignia of Declan's brethren adorned the path towards his mansion. 

"It's bewitched. Those roses will only turn red once my mate is here." Declan implored when he caught me looking inquisitively.

Two days after the completion of the deal, he offered his land for training. Roarke wasn't enthusiastic at first. But, the vast expanse of Declan's territory provided the security we need.

"I'm not sure about this at all." Alexei had honestly voiced out his concern as we stepped inside. The mansion was dark, even though it was midday, the atmosphere was somber as if the very life of the place was gone.

"Don't worry. Declan's mate is under the protection of my house. He will be asking for her death if he tries anything." Chris' voice came up front. Ella was beside him beaming widely. "You all took your time coming here."

"It took us three hours to get here," I said and was enveloped in her warm hug. She looked positively radiant and happy. Chris must have wrapped up the loose ends from Sean's betrayal.

"What about Declan's mate, is she a wolf?"

"Nope. She's human but was adopted by werewolves." Chris explained and looked around the men piling inside the manor.

"Where's Roarke?"

"He's already scanning the perimeter with Benedict, Henry, and Portia to get down the layout of the place."

"I see. I should join them and leave you and my wife to yourselves." he winked and kissed Ella on the cheek before venturing outside.

"Ella watched him go with a sigh. "It seems he's recovering from Sean's tirade. "

I loop my arm around hers and we walked inside the mansion. "He'll be fine in no time."

We entered the hall and I was instantly amazed by the elegant design of the place. The white marble floor provided a striking contrast against the ebony artifacts. Up ahead was a staircase that branched on the east to west end of the manor. In the center was a huge painted portrait of a girl dressed in red. Her hair was brown and her eyes a deep shade of blue. Behind her was Declan and it must have been me but he radiated happiness and contentment in the picture.

"That's his mate."

"So she is here?"

"Nope, when she turned seven, she was separated from him. One of their vampirical traditions in mating. He hadn't seen her in eleven years now."

"Don't tell me, they'll be meeting when she turns eighteen?"

Ella chuckled in response and proceeded to tour me around the place. It was almost time for dinner when we retired to our quarters.

I couldn't get enough of the splendid paintings of landscape and people that adorned the wall. Truly, it was a sight to behold.

As I turned to the corner that will lead me to where my room should be, I spied a man standing in the middle of the hallway. He was looking up at a medium-sized frame hanging on the wall. He was tall, must be six foot with a massive build, but what struck me as odd was that he was wearing a mask half of his face.