S1-52 | The Beginning of an End

A/N: Read the author's note at the end of this chapter. Don't forget to check out the next chapter too.

S52. The Beginning of an End

~Honey LeChat

Roarke stared at me coldly, his grip on my shoulders tightening considerably. My head was hurting badly as I tried to recall what happened, but I could only remember succumbing to the darkness after Sean died.

"I-I don't remember." I spluttered, trembling at his cold gaze.

He stared at me for a long moment and finally released me. My breath hitched at the suspicion that flashed in his eyes. I took a step back from him, looking around us. Bodies were strewn and scattered around the field. Men were injured. Some were staring at me, fear apparent in their eyes. I don't understand why they are looking at me like that.

But in the first place, I couldn't remember getting here.

A dark feeling loomed over me. I was once again controlled by the dark force inside me. Did I do something?

What happened to Jonah?

My eyes flickered back to Roarke but his expression become a completely constructed nonchalant mask. I spotted Henry, Max and Fray from a distance, but they refused to meet my eyes. That's when I notice Renz lying on the ground, shivering in fear, his eyes wild as if he had finally turned crazy. As soon as our eyes met, he scampered away like a frightened rat.

"W-what happened?" I asked, feeling more lost than ever. I wrapped my arms around myself, disgusted at my blood coated hands. I hoped Jonah and Tasha are all right.

"Come now Honey LeChat. We must go." Portia spoke up coldly. I turned to her, frowning deeply then back to Roarke. She said something about a new royal council. Roarke made no move to stop them as two cloaked persons stepped on either side of me.

Chris showed up then, with Ella beside him.

"The King is dead?" he asked in disbelief, limping towards us. He must had shifted as he was not fully clothed.

Portia nodded. "Yes along with some of the royal court were assassinated by Sean Dmitrov."

Chris flinched at the mention of his Uncle's name. I could feel my anger for Sean coming back but then I remembered I had killed him. My hands trembled and I looked away from Chris feeling guilty.

"This means my brother is now King." Roarke confounded.

Portia shook her head. "He should be. But the Romanov's interference in this war stopped that." Her gaze flickered back to Chris.

"And you too, Christopher Dmitrov. Right now, both heirs are under jurisdiction of the werewolve's law and no King will be reinstated after the council investigate everything from Gustav Ivanov's death and Sean's betrayal."

She paused, her cold gaze piercing mine. "And what else we will soon discover."

With a tip of her head, the men on either side of me started to lead me to the chopper that landed not far away. Ella was quick to retaliate. "Why the hell are you taking her?!"

Portia stopped walking. "She's under investigation for the Romanov breach."

"What the hell? She is Roarke's turned female!"

"She is, which makes her case a lot more complicated. The council will not be contented with just your words. For all we know, she might be an accomplice with the assassination."

Ella cursed again, she turned to Roarke. "What are you doing Roarke?! They are taking her!"

Chris stopped her and shook his head. "Right now, this is the best he could do."