S1-14 | When lying makes it worse

Note: You are about to read the PG-13 version of this chapter.  You can find the mature version of this chapter in my profile. The book is titled "Scarlet Legacy M" and only available to readers 18 and above.

S1-14. When lying makes it worse.

His hands were everywhere.

It felt like I was thrown in flames and with every second I continue to burn under his ministrations. I didn't know how we end up in bed nor how I let myself give in to him but everything seemed so distant and all that matters at the moment was him and what he was making me feel. I moaned as he sucked that sensitive spot on my neck, the spot where he bit me. All my nerve endings seemed to come to life.

My hands tangled in his hair, asking him mutely not to stop and he complied. In a second his lips were on mine. His tongue battled with mine in a kiss of explosive passion, I was literally left breathless. His hands started to unbutton the shirt. I shivered as the cool air touched my now bare skin.

His steel blue eyes darkened as he looked at my body. He licked his lips and pulled me closer. I was breathing heavily, anticipating every move. His hands traveled down my body, with the sole intent -to feel.
When the pleasure reached an overbearing peak, I pushed myself closer to him -if it was possible, ridding of any space between us.

He claimed my lips possessively, only letting up to get some breath. His kisses trailed down my neck, branding my skin with his addictive touch and warmth.

This man will become the death of me.

My fingers trailed up his arm, feeling the smooth skin and bulging muscles underneath that seemed to tense up with my touch. I felt empowered by his response and my hands ventured further to his back, feeling more of his skin, branding him of my own touch.

I was going to die from the pleasure of it all. I was going to -until I opened my eyes.

The room was silent aside from my ragged breathing. Sweat trickled down my cheek. I was aware that I was lying on the bed, his to be precise but I know I have my clothes on. I looked at my right side to find the bed empty. Sunlight streamed from the open balcony doors. For a moment I was lost until everything that happened the night before came crashing back.

"Surrender yourself to me, Honey" Roarke demanded. My heart beat stopped.

Surrender to him?

All the blood seemed to have left my face. I hastily pushed myself away from him and ended on the floor. I hissed as my butt cheeks collided with the hard floor.

Never. I would never surrender to him!

He didn't say a word, merely regard me with a grain of interest.

"No. I won't do it. "I spat. My cheeks heated up in embarrassment.

"All right. Then go lay down on the bed." He instructed and stood up. My heart beat faltered. "W-why?" I stuttered. My head was already swarming with complicated thoughts that involve him and me doing it.

I mentally slapped myself.

"To sleep." His voice dripped with sarcasm. He eyed me down on the floor as he downed his wine in one gulp. "Why do you think I want you in my bed for?"

Another mental slap. I pushed myself up from the floor with difficulty. I tried my best not to show how nervous I was as I slid beneath the covers. He followed suit but not before discarding his shirt completely, revealing his glorious chest. His body was toned and for the life of me, I had never seen a man as sexy as him.

Well then, what about Tristan?, a peeved little voice in my head remarked. You liked him too right? And you haven't seen him naked. Your reactions to this man is perfectly normal! The voice said, finding perfect excuses.

I averted my eyes quickly.

"You shouldn't have taken it off. "I murmured, finding the floor easier to look at.

"I sleep better without it. "He said nonchalantly. The bed dipped as he slid beneath the covers. I held in my breath as I lay down. My hands fisted at the helm of the comforter, pulling it close to my chest.

There was a deafening silence between us until his hand snaked on my waist and pulled me closer. I gave a frightened squeak and looked at him with wide eyes.

"Right now, you looked like a frightened puppy to me. Sleep. We have more things to settle tomorrow. "

My heart beat was on overdrive, being this close to him. Sleep was out of the question. Definitely.

~*~*~

I quickly sat up in bed. How the hell did I fall asleep?!

"You slept well?"

My head snapped to my right and found the object of my dreams a foot away from the bed, buttoning his shirt. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

My cheeks heated up by just looking at him and remembering my dream. But of course he didn't know that.

Yet there was something in his eyes that screamed he know everything. Did I looked like I was having an erotic dream? Or maybe I moaned just like in the dream, worse, I could have called his name!

"Y-yes" I answered and moved to get out of the bed. My thoughts were going overdrive, my embarassment was starting to show from my heated cheeks, that no doubt rival the redness of an apple.

He didn't looked like he heard me or have any interest on me as he tied the necktie into a perfect knot so I started for the door, wishing he wouldn't notice me at all. I was a few steps away when he spoke again.

"After you get dressed, meet me in my office. " He said. I looked back at him to find him gaze sliding from my head to toe. I suddenly felt slef conscious. I probably have a terribe bed head, my hair tangled in every direction. There was a smug look on his face. A satisfied glint in his eyes that bothered me most.

I nod my head and went for the door again.

"On second thought, you could sleep until lunch and just meet me in the afternoon. "

I frowned, confuses with what he's getting to but then understanding dawned on me. I gritted my teeth. Was he trying to provoke me?!

"No. Thanks. I slept perfectly well." I said irritatedly. I held my head high, sneering at him.

"Really?"

I glared at him. He seemed to be enjoying this a lot.

"Yes. I was dreaming of a different man." I lied and slap myself mentally. Why did I say that? Was I trying to make him jealous?

His eyes darkened a fraction. "I never said anything about you dreaming. So you were dreaming of me?"

He started to prowl towards me, making me feel like a deer caught in the head lights.

"You keep making seductive noises. Let's both be grateful I resisted. "

My face must have been the color of a tomato when he said it. I did the only thing I could think of and run. I quickly opened the door and went out. What was I supposed to say? It was stupid to bring up dreaming!

I almost ran back to my room, afraid that he might chase me down. He had that glint in his eyes that made him look like a predator and I was his prey.

I met Jonah on the way to my room. He looked a bit sleepy but when he saw me, his eyes widened in surprise.

"Were you in my brother's room?" he asked and sniffed the air, frowning.

I bit my lip. "No, I wasn't" I lied, almost automatically and tried to get past him but he clutch the hem of the shirt, halting me from my steps.

"You are wearing his shirt and shorts and you reeked of him." He commented nonchalantly.

I wanted to scream in embarrassment. What was the use of lying here?!

I quickly retreated to my room and took a bath. Did I really just dream of him like that? After everything that I witness? Will my attraction to him transcend hate?

I must be going crazy and I need to do something about it quick.