S1-45 | Out of Control

S45.Out of Control

The following weeks were filled with training. From the moment the sun rises up to its setting, everybody who can fight the war trained. Ella made it her personal goal to supervise my training and you'd think it made a lot of difference when I was being trained by Henry and Roarke. She was harsher and grumpier. In the end, I felt like I prefer Roarke's lesson than hers.

Roarke had been busy. I couldn't even talk to him. He was always outside in the training ground training with his men. I could only get a glimpse of him sometimes. Those glimpses fortunately sported him shirtless and sweaty, rivaling Ares, the God of war himself but I won't ever say that to him or to anyone.

Well at least, he made it a point to sit beside me in the dining table and that simple gesture somehow sustained the connection between our wolves.

"He is avoiding you, isn't he?" Ella said the thing that was floating in my mind the past few days.

I grimaced and averted my eyes from my new friend. Ella just grinned at me and tap my shoulder in mock sympathy.

"Maybe he is just-" I couldn't even finish what I wanted to say, as every word fizzled out from the tip of my tongue when Ella just raised her eye brow at me. I sighed in defeat.

"Yes, I know. He is avoiding me. Maybe he is angry I got some of the soldiers killed." I offered dumbly to which Ella rolled her eyes.

"Yes and pigs can fly. It's obvious he is trying to control himself with you."

I frowned at her words. Control what? Ella apparently need no more questions and gave out the answer.

"He is trying to hold himself in check with you. What do you think he felt when you were taken?"

I pondered the answer to that odd question. What Roarke felt.

"Relief maybe?" I said lightly.

Ella snickered. "Yeah. I'll wager he hadn't felt any relief with you."

The sexual hint in her words made me blush. Of course, the sexual tension between us was there.

Ella placed down her sword with a wide smile. "Why don't you try something to find out why he is holding back with you?"

I looked quizzically at her. My train of thought was still hovering around the question of 'what' Roarke felt when I was taken.

"It's simple really. I believe that tight leash control of his will eventually snap. " Ella continued to talk in riddles. I don't have any idea what she was trying to say. Her eyes were dancing with mischief. I held out one finger to her and shook my head vehemently, her advice before was to touch him and it was a disaster.

Ella pouted at me for a second and the twinkle was back in her eyes. "No matter. Either way, he will snap soon. Have you seen him snap?"

Snap? The memory of him attacking me when he saw me wearing a red sports bra flashed in my mind. I felt my cheeks flushed warmly and Ella's eyes lit up in triumph. I didn't just see him snap. I suffered the consequences of it too. Warmth streaked down my belly at the memory.

Ella skipped towards the door and looked back at me with a wide grin.

"Come on, dinner's ready. I'll leave it up to fate for the inevitable to happen."

I shook my head at her incredulous words. Roarke snap? If it wasn't to sustain the connection between us, I bet he wouldn't even think of sitting beside me.