S1-13 | Passion-filled

Note: You are about to read the PG-13 version of this chapter.  You can find the mature version of this chapter in my profile. The book is titled "Scarlet Legacy M" and only available to readers 18 and above.

S1-13. Passion-filled

I was dreading the end of the party. Ella had kept me company for almost an hour before Chris came back from their meeting. They already left in a hurry to get back to Italy for some business meeting. As a result, I was left alone to myself. I couldn't find Tasha or Jonah anywhere. Even Roarke had disappeared.

I shivered in fear and stood up from my seat. I needed a drink. I reached out for a glass of wine from a passing waiter and drank it almost greedily.

I looked longingly at the entrance, wanting no more than to escape, live the memory of the past few days into oblivion. Perhaps I could pretend it didn't happen. Perhaps I could still act normally and hide the fact I was no longer human.

The notion hit me like a cold bucket of water, dousing me with realization. Will I still fit in with everybody else?

"Miss LeChat."

The glass dropped from my hands and shattered to pieces. I looked aghast at the servant who called my name but he still looked calm, his face devoid of any emotion.

"I-I'm sorry.. I didn't-"I looked helplessly at the mess I made. Luckily, only the servant saw what happened.

"Miss, the master wants you in the dungeon. He is waiting for you there." The servant said monotonously, dismissing the accident. I stared at him for a few minutes, letting the word sink in. A dread filled me up like no other. The dungeon? What does he want with me in the dungeon?

Fear held me in a vice. "P-please lead the way. "My voice was shaky. The servant gave a curt nod and I followed him to a door at the end of the hallway. We walked silently passed a narrow passageway. At the end of it was another door, this one made of iron. I swallowed a lump in my throat and fisted my hands into tight fists.

'He will never hurt you.' Ella's voice echoed in my mind.

On the other side of the door, a hallway was dimly lit with orange light. It was cold and the smell of something foul assaulted my senses. I couldn't place what smell it is.

The servant looked back at me, his dark eyes reflect ominously under this lighting.

"Please come Miss. The master is waiting." He said and I hurried after him. Torches lit up the wall with a faint orange glow. I peered at the steel bars and was aghast to find a person in there. Bile rose in my throat as I notice the dried blood on the wall and the glaring steel chains that bound them.

The servant stopped in front of a cell. The door to it was open and inside was Roarke and the old man, Malcom. He was heavily chained just like the others. The difference was that he was still unscathed. His clothes were still neat and there was no blood. I looked at Roarke confused.

"Why did you bring me here?" I asked shakily. Malcom glared at me but did not say a word.

"I want you to punish him." Roarke said calmly and held me a whip lined with silver.

I looked at it, then back to him. At first I didn't understand what he wants me to do, but when I looked at his eyes and was greeted by its iciness, I finally understood. "N-no" I took a step back. My back hit the steel bars. He wanted me to hurt the man. In a way he also punished me.

"You are aware that you are defying me even now and that I could easily punish you. "

I looked at Malcom and then to him. Even if I don't like him, I did not wish to hurt him.