Epilogue

Scarlet Legacy
Epilogue

Beatriz LeChat gasped for breath. Her eyes shot open revealing one eye to be of auburn color and the other a peculiar red. Her chest heaved up and down, her breaths coming in short intervals as she tried to make sense of what happened. She remembered the white light that had flooded the black plane. She remembered what she and Arius had done. The mild pain throb at her right wrist and she glance down at it, noting that it was still bleeding. She bolted up in a sitting position and looked everywhere. Her vision was still hazy but she could tell she was in a field and the smell of blood and gore was so prominent.

But is this real?

What if she was still locked in her consciousness? What if Olivia was still in control of her body?
Her gaze was then drawn to a figure lying across from her on the field with blackened grass.

She gasped when she realized it was Arius.
With heavy and aching limbs, she walked towards him. He appears to be all right but still out of consciousness. She gathered him to his arms.

"Arius, wake up. Please."

His eyelids started to move. Arius groaned. From afar, some people were coming their way. Including Roarke and the others.

"You're okay." Beatriz breathed but her smile froze when Arius opened her eyes and she saw the one of his eyes were red in color. They both stared at each other, startled. They could feel it, the turbulent force now locked up inside them. Olivia's power now split in half. It would be impossible then for her to be whole. A silent understanding passed between them as both of their red eye slowly morphed back to its original color.

It has to end with a sacrifice.

"We did it. Beatriz." He paused and smiled sheepishly. "I mean Bea now as I should be Arius."

Bea nodded, tears of relief pooled in her eyes.

Finally. Its over.

They both understand who they are supposed to be. She, a true werewolf and a surviving member of the Ilgestrom family and he, the new king of the werewolf race.

It was Benedict and an injured William who had reached them first.

Beatriz stared at the men before them .Her memories were still hazy. But she recognized them both the same.

"I think your spaghetti needs to be more sweeter." She said teasingly and Benedict shook his head with a smile. He crouched down to her and enveloped her in a hug.

"I'd gladly cook for you anytime you want, my dear sister." He whispered achingly.

Beatriz closed her eyes, relishing the warmth and calmness she could feel. It felt like she had just come home.

"I hope you can forgive me, my lady. I should have revealed myself to you." William uttered with sorrow.

"Its okay. You were watching over me."
Tasha stumbled near them and gathered Arius close to her. " Oh my. I'm so worried! " she weeped and Arius hugged her back. "I'm okay Aunt. Everything is fine now."

Elijah stepped closer. "You did well. Both of you did."

Ella was with Christopher. She was crying silently and Beatriz was glad she and her baby appears to be fine.