S1-18 | Hope.Dangerous.Keep Away

S18. Hope.Dangerous.Keep Away

I was expecting an angry Roarke hot on our heels but there was no one. In fact, it was too silent. The grounds, which were once filled with soldiers, roaming around the place were nowhere to be seen.

They killed them! I desperately avoid embracing that possibility and averted my thoughts on what to do next. That is, if these guys will just let me go.

We stopped in a gravelly road at the edge of the forest. The guy from before who first jumped down from the balcony was already there, leaning at the hood of his red Ford Car. He grinned when he saw me and had the decency to wave.

"So, you decided to come. Welcome aboard Miss-". He smiled cheekily, but when he realized I won't give my name to him, he pouted and beckoned me to get inside the car.

"As hard headed as him. " I heard him mutter under his breath. I could only hope its not Roarke he's referring to.

I slid inside the back seat of the car. In a matter of seconds, we were speeding down the highway. I pressed my lips firmly and glanced out the window. We passed a sign that said we were a good ten kilometers from the town. I felt hope surged into me.

No matter what it takes. I have to get home and move as far away as possible.

"You do know you are an idiot right?" Fray commented, while donning on a white V-neck shirt. He titled his head to get a good look at me from where I sit. He also had his pants on, making him easier to look at.

I frowned. "A-an idiot?"

"Who trusts strangers who could murder her in seconds." He snorted as I gaped at him in shock. "I thought he'd picked a better one than you."

Do this guy even know what he's saying?

"I didn't want him to choose me." I snapped at him.

The other guy whistled. "Right. An accident. How perfect." He said, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

What do they mean? That it was plan all along? That's impossible. I disposed of the notion immediately. I was just the unluckiest girl in the area.

"I'm not a part of any of this. I just wanted to save Jonah that night. I never wanted to be like them." I muttered bitterly and belatedly realized I was also referring to them. My cheeks heat up in embarrassment.

The other guy chuckled. "But you are a part of this. You have a-"

Fray jabbed him with his elbow stopping him from saying anything else. The car swerved a little that I had to grasp on something to hold on. The other guy uttered expletives as he got us right back on track. Good God, these guys are dangerous to be with!

"Max shut your mouth." Fray looked at him sharply then at me. "You, what are you planning to do? We're not supposed to take you and everything be damned but I'm not going to take you there." He said irritated, referring maybe to their base or hideout or something. But I was relieved I could still pull off my plan.

Thank God! This is simpler than I thought.

"Good. Just drop me off at St. Claire's Hospital and you can be on your merry way." I suggested to which just earned a snort from the other guy, now I know as Max.

"Right Fray and risked her telling everything about us to him." He said tartly.

"B-but I wouldn't tell him anything!" I said frantically. The two guys shared at look of disbelief. I rolled my eyes at them.

"I want to get as far away from him as possible. I just need to get my mom and we'll be out of here." I explained breathlessly.

Just stick to the plan and everything will fall back to the way it was before.