S1-44 | Fratres Usque Ad Mortem

S44. Fratres Usque Ad Mortem (Brothers till Death)

After spending an hour in the shower, I decided to go down stairs in my hunt for Roarke. The dining room was empty so I headed straight to the entertainment room and sure enough, Max was there playing a videogame. He looked refreshed and carefree.

He looked up swiftly as soon as I entered and grin at me.

"Look who the cat brought in. How are you doll?" He drawled with a smug smirk, pausing down his game.

"I'm fine. Why are you alone, where is Fray?" I asked looking around in search for another guy.

"He is busy flirting with my cousin. "He answered with a shrug and turn back to his game again. "And you came to the wrong place. Your master is not here. He went out." He droned on as he fixed his eyes on the screen

I blushed slightly.

"I'm not looking for him." I denied in a hurry and sat opposite him. He raised a brow but before he could say a retort, an irritated looking Tasha walk in. Her usually composed demeanor was gone, her face was flushed and her blue eyes glimmered with annoyance. When she saw me, a smile lightened up her features and in a blink I was enveloped in a tight hug.

"Oh my. I am so glad you're back!" she gushed and then pinched my cheeks hard. "You made me worry!"

I chuckled at her antics. "I'm sorry Tasha. How are you? Is Jonah okay?" I inquired. I didn't see my favorite boy anywhere.

"Oh, Jonah is having his Latin lessons. " Tasha explained.

Just then, Fray entered the room with a smug smirk. Gone were the bruises and cuts on his face and his scar stayed prominent running from his eyebrow down his cheek. It made him looked handsome though in a rugged kind of way.

"So this is where you ran off?" He said, looking over at Tasha whose expression morphed back to irritation.

"I didn't ran. I just don't want to be in the same room as you. "She huffed and quickly fled the room as if hell hounds were running after her. I watched in amusement as Fray quickly followed. "You're just afraid you can't control yourself around me!"

I chuckled at their apparent cuteness.

Who knew? They might suit each other.

"He is in the west garden. " Max said meaningfully still playing his game.

I frowned down at him. "What?"

He peered at me with a mocking smile. "Your master. Go talk to him now. You're distracting me. I need to be at the top score and beat Jonah here."

I rolled my eyes at his childishness and started to walk away.

"Hey."

I stopped and glance back at him. The game was paused but he did not move to look at me.

"Thank you for saving me back then. We are considered traitors by our own family now. I will fight with Roarke in the war."

I nodded and smiled at him. "I'm the one who should thank you. You came to save me too. I guess we are even." I said and walked away.

Yuan was by the door. He nodded and smiled at me.

The west garden was the same place he was at when he suddenly chased after me before. I traced the familiar path and soon enough, he was standing on the same spot, overlooking a small lake.

I stopped, my heartbeat oddly racing at the sight of him, just standing there with his back on me. It felt like all that happened was a dream and I was just waking up from him.