S1-46 | (Love) Bites

S46. (Love) Bites

I gave a soft oomph as he roughly deposited me into his bed. I was about to get up when he was suddenly on me, hovering above me, eyes dark as the room itself.

In the past, I should have shoved him off of me and maybe tell him a thing or two but as I inhaled his familiar scent, something terrifying dawn at me. An emotion I wasn't able to name until now...

I miss him. A lot

My throat closed up as the emotion flared deep inside my chest, swirling and threatening to overcome me. His canines glinted in the dark.

"What do you think you're doing?" I asked breathlessly as I stared at his blue eyes.

For a moment, I thought he had no plans to answer but then he slowly leaned down to me. My breath hitched as his scent wafted between us. My mind spun in daze as I lost myself in his blue eyes and the irresistible heat coming off his body.

"I'm testing a theory."

His answer was a distant sound in my mind as he leaned in further until he was breathing down my neck. My heart beat accelerated to an alarming rate, my pulse betraying the excitement coursing through my veins.

My mind desperately tried to explain my weird behaviour. Of course it was the bond, and the distance between us and the way I feel could only be gratefulness for him saving me. Satisfied that I found the explanations for my weird behaviour, I pressed my hands against his chest to push him off when I felt the brush of his canines against my skin, punctuated with hot breath.

My thoughts melted with a desire that burned fiercely to be quenched.

"A...a what?" I desperately tried to understand his earlier answer.

Another delicious scrape of his canines and my knees buckled in return.

"A theory."

My hands fisted tightly in his shirt. I felt drunk on him.

"What do you mean...a theory?" My question ended in a gasp as his tongue swipe at my tortured skin to ease the slight sting from his canines.

He leaned back to look at me. I could see the golden flecks scattered around his blue iris and knew he was just as affected as I am.

"I bit you before when I rescued you to seal away your memories through our bond and Elijah and I theorized that it helped keep the force in you in check. "

His finger traced his original mark on my neck, eliciting shivers that racked my body.

"You mean through our bond, you can help me keep her-the force from taking over again?" I asked slowly, disbelief clearly showing in my expression.

He nodded. "Yes. A theory I don't mind testing right now after you tried to harm our family."

I was thrown off guard at the word 'our', my cheeks heated and I could feel the rush of blood infused my cheeks to a bright red. But then, the stab of guilt chased it away. I could still clearly picture the horrified expression of everyone when I tried to stab Tasha.

I took a deep breath. "All right. I'm giving you permission. To err, bite me." I conceded and saw his eyes narrowed.

"Let me clear something for you, I'll do it even if you don't give me your permission." He scoffed the words.

I opened my mouth to fire a retort when he swooped down smoothly and captured my lips with his. The feel of his soft, warm lips fanned the embers of desire I had momentarily tried to cool. He swiped his tongue against my lower lip and I parted my lips without a second thought. The instant his tongue invaded my mouth in a deep searing kiss; I lost all ability to think. My toes curled, my hands fisted tighter against his shirt, pulling him impossibly closer until the weight of his lower body pressed against mine perfectly.