S1-34 | Promitti

S34. Promitti

Everyone was going out for a little sight-seeing before dinner. We were immediately scheduled to go back home for safety purposes after the wedding.

Christopher Dimitrov was the next ruler of the Dimitrov's clan, succeeding Romanov , making him the third heir to the throne. Ella was an ordinary turned werewolf like me. Their wedding was hurried because of the upcoming war.

Tasha waved at me as the car sped out of the hotel's vicinity.

I didn't go. Roarke's words were bothering me.

A war between the supernaturals. A war, I never knew how and why it began. Was it because the heir to the next throne was killed? Or was there something more? Do I have to fight with them?

Even before the question presented itself, I already knew the answer- I will fight with them. Not because I don't have a choice, but they -Jonah, Tasha, Roarke and everybody- have grown on me like a family.

I might be crazy, going soft for my captors but I am no longer floating in the edge of humanity and the supernatural. Now, I had already accepted what I had become.

I headed back to my room. I could just spend the time before the wedding, watching reruns of any American series in television. I noticed a large rectangular box on top of my bed and cautiously opened it. I gasped as I held in my hand the most elegant dress I've seen in my entire life.

The color was of rich red. I could already tell that it was the body-hugging sort of dress but from waist down, the soft material flared like red strobe light. I gingerly pick up the note that came with it.

Rooftop. 6 pm tonight.-R. The words were scribbled in an elegant handwriting.

I glanced at the clock. I have an hour to get ready. I don't have any idea what Roarke was thinking of. Maybe he just doesn't want to be alone for dinner. Knowing Tasha-they will be home late tonight. I suddenly wished I went with them.

I toyed with my lip. Well, what's the harm in having dinner with my maker? I already slept with him, I mean literally, slept beside him. If anything, having dinner alone with him should be as easy as breathing.

That one hour of getting ready soon fade away to minutes. I found myself looking back at my reflection nervously. I decided to let my hair down. Not because I was aiming for a simple look but I simply don't know how to twist it in a bun. The only make up I decided to apply was a light coating of lip gloss and black mascara to bring out my eyes.

It was just five minutes before six, I hurriedly slip in my black stilettos and hesitantly headed for the rooftop. I calmed myself on my way. It was just dinner.

But as a man pulled out the door open for me, I forgot to breathe.

It was lights out, but the soft orange glow of the candle artfully placed everywhere did their job in illuminating the place.

Just dinner? My inner voice taunted as my eyes floated to the gazebo up ahead. My steps faltered as I saw Roarke leaning casually in the balcony, his eyes watching me as I ambled up the steps to stand before him.

"Almost late." he chided in a husky voice. My heart skipped a bit.

"It's just...dinner." I replied, my voice small, almost questioning. Why is he doing this?

He pulled out a chair and wait for me to sit before leaning near my ear. His hot breath sent goose bumps trailing down my bare arms. "Is it?"

I narrowed my eyes, watching him carefully. Tonight he looked different. Was it the glow of the candles around us that made him almost look less cold or was it just me and my imagination?