S1-36 | Uninvited

S36. Uninvited

The silence was deafening, in a way it was suffocating. I would have given anything to stare at those blue eyes, loose myself in them. Pretend that the world is not as cruel as it really is. But that felt like a long time ago. It felt like a dream, even a distant memory of a nightmare.

The door closed beside him with a determined click. I stood still, my mind blank. What is he doing here? How? Why? There were so many questions I wanted to ask him, but my lips stayed sealed.

"I finally found you." His deep voice washed over me like cold ice. I blinked.

"How?" The question left my lips in a gasp. He continued taking steps towards me but I stayed rooted in my spot. I can't believe he is here right now. The last time I saw him, I felt nothing but pain from his betrayal. But why is he here? He should be with the girl back then. So why is here?

"I searched for you everywhere. I didn't stop." His hand caress my cheek, the touch fleeting that it almost hurt and then I was engulfed in his arms tightly. Almost immediately, something tells me this was wrong on so many levels. My hands trembled as I pushed him back, freeing myself from his embrace. I couldn't look at him.

"Why are you here?" I asked in confusion. How did he manage to find me? It was impossible, I must be dreaming.

He looked just as confused. "I am here to get you. Those bastards kidnap you, didn't they?"

I shook my head almost immediately. No. No. There were so many errors in this scenario. He shouldn't be here. In the first place, Tristan couldn't have found me. I felt my throat closed up as he attempted another hug. His scent evaded my senses and I instinctively recoiled from his touch. Something inside me kept reminding me he wasn't Roarke.

"This is wrong. You're not supposed to be here." I murmured softly.

Tristan grabbed my shoulders and slightly shook me, as if he was trying to put some sense into me.

"I'm here Honey. I'm getting you out from here." His eyes roamed my face and fleeted down to my lack of clothing. The flash of anger in his eyes made me stepped back.

"Those sick bastards! What have they done to you?!" he growled the words furiously. I clutched the towel tightly to my body. How could I even start explaining things to him? That I don't need to be saved?

He grasped my hand and tugged me toward the door, his strides confident. In one swift movement, he drew a gun and glanced at me.

"We're getting out of here. I'm getting you home."

I felt panic rising in me in multitude amounts. I needed to find a way to tell him I'm not going home.

I tugged at his arm but he nonchalantly grasped my hand again and led me stealthily to the opposite direction of the garden. I glanced around wildly, but there was no one! They must have been in their rooms already. I couldn't even spot any guards anywhere.

Before I knew it, we were already crossing the parking lot.

"T-Tristan, stop." I hissed as we neared his car.

He looked back at me, his expression so determined. I shook my head. "Tristan, you got this wrong. Please, I need to go back."

Just imagining how Roarke will react made me shiver. He would kill Tristan without batting an eye and Tristan is as powerless. He might be as well just holding a toy gun in front of a werewolf.

"I have a friend who could help us. We will ride a chopper from here. I will make sure they'll never get to you again." He urged me into the car just as the door we came through moments later came crashing down. I looked at the rearview mirror and found two men in black suits step forward, eyes bright yellow. Sh!t! They must be the royal guards who finally caught up with us.