S2-59 | Royal Intervention

Scarlet Legacy Part Two
S2-59 Royal Intervention

I could feel something warm fleetingly caressed my cheek. I shifted in bed but my movements were met with restriction. A husky laugh drifted to my ears. The voice deep and seductive.

Who-

My eyes fluttered open. It took sometime for my sight to adjust. Leaning in front of me was someone familiar.

Roarke?

No. Somehow I knew it wasn't him

And however hard I kept on trying to make out the face in front of me, the image remained blurry.

The man in front of me raised his hand to caressed my cheek. His touch was somehow warm and affectionate, and yet a chill made its way to my spine -an icy warning of dread to come. I wanted to move away but I couldn't control my body.

His husky laugh drifted between us again. His lips moved, but no sound came out. And suddenly he was closer to me until he was pressing his lips against mine. My lips move against him as if I knew him, but who is he? His scent enveloped me, evading my senses completely.

When the kiss ended, he pressed his forehead against mine.

"I love you" his warm words fleeted between us and seeped to my heart. My eyes fluttered open.
I gasped, sitting upright. My lips tingled and my body felt hot. It was a dream. How could a dream felt so real? Who is he?

Lately, my dreams had been too weird. They don't make sense at all. They say dreams are a reflection of what we are thinking, or a result of our brain organizing memories. I sighed, rubbing my eyes to chase away the remnants of sleep.

Its already dawn anyway. I might as well get up and hole myself somewhere to hide from Roarke.

Hide, it was a pathetic resort of evading him. But it was all I could do, until I decided on how to deal with our situation. It had been almost a week since then. I'm grateful he gives me leeway and we only see each other at dinner. No one tried to confront me but the awkward atmosphere we made whenever were in the same room was truly suffocating.

After taking a quick shower and making myself as presentable as I could to try and hide the weariness eating up inside me, I made my way to the first floor.

Maids and soldiers were busy moving around. I frowned and went up to one of the maids.

"Why are you all so busy?" I inquired.

The girl bowed curtly before replying, "The royal council will be arriving soon miss." The girl retreated back to her work. I was left standing dumbfounded in the hall.

The Royal..Council?

Suddenly, I remembered Benedict's words from my trial. 'You can go now. Expect a visit soon.'

How could I forgot? I just wasn't expecting it to be this soon. I spun on my heel to search for Tasha and ask her about the visit when Roarke suddenly stepped in front of me.
I stilled, my heart beat started to annoyingly race at the sight of him. I mustered up my best glare and stood my ground.

"Get out of my way." I spat, maneuvering my way around him. He grabbed my arm, propelling me a step back so that we were standing toe to toe. His proximity was making me feel funny. I shrugged his hold off but his grip merely tightened. I ignored the mini sparks of electricity where our skin touch.

I swallowed seeing the hard, icy look in his blue eyes.

"What do you want? I need to speak to Tasha about the Royal Council's visit."