S2-67 | Black Veil

S67. Black Veil

~Honey LeChat

Loki's condition was getting worse. His skin felt cold and clammy, his breathing shallow. He could barely keep his eyes open as Tristan and I helped him. With our pace, it will take us hours to get back to the mansion.

"I should shift and carry him on my back. You run alongside me." Tristan offered. He didn't wait for my agreement. He crouched down low in the ground, his iris completely changed to gold. In a swift transformation, paws landed on the forest floor. A brown wolf stood in Tristan's place.

I heaved a barely conscious Loki to his back, making sure he was secure so he wouldn't fall off. We broke into a sprint. I was thankful we haven't ran into any vampires or we're done for.

I scented the edge of the territory's border nearer, but the mingled scent of blood and something sickly sweet forced me to halt by the edge.

Tristan stopped too. His ears twitched as he too heard someone approaching us. I took a deep breath and concentrated. Since Tristan will be protecting Loki, I need to do my best to stay out of trouble.

Just then, a big black wolf leap out of the thick shrubbery, its paw hit the ground with a resonating thud.

I quickly knew it was Roarke. His golden eyes settled on me, a low growl resonating from his chest. His nose twitched a bit and he glanced at Tristan and Loki.

This time, the growl he let out was more of a roar. He ran towards them.

"No! Roarke! Tristan helped us!" I screamed and tried to stop him but he wasn't listening and he was faster. His large wolf form slammed against Tristan's side that sent him and Loki almost a feet away.

But Tristan didn't fight back, he merely whimpered and pushed his snout between his paws. A clear sign of submission.

I started to relax. I still didn't know what happened between them in the war. I hope they reached an understanding at least.

"Roarke, Loki is badly injured. He is bitten, he needs to be treated before the vampire's venom reached his heart." I called out to him.

"It was Luke. He is behind all of this. Tristan and Loki save me."

Roarke looked at me over his shoulder and nudged Tristan. It looked like they were communicating in wolf form. I was helping heave Loki back up on Tristan's back, when Max burst out from the trees, shifting from his brown wolf back to human in a stride. I flushed crimson! I don't think I'd ever be used to see naked men. I looked away hastily but was shocked to my core when Max bellowed in rage, pointing an accusing finger at Tristan.

"What the hell is that asshole doing here?! He was the one who killed Gustav! " His golden eyes was beginning to bleed to black, a clear sign that he was letting his anger win over his instincts.

He was about to attack when Roarke shifted to his human form and stopped him.

Roarke growled loudly. "Stand down Max. This is not the right place or time. "

"Right? Do you think he killed our cousin in the right place or time?!"

"I understand your anger but killing him.wont change anything"

Max scoffed. "I fucking know that but killing him will give me a peace of mind. "

"Stand down or I'll force you to back off."

"What? Is this because he is your brother? Have you forgotten that he-" he pointed at Tristan and then his eyes slid to me. "-made her experience all the torture!"