Chapter 3: I want to change the partner

"Hinata?" Naruto addressed her and she blushed, she didn't change in that either.

"Y-yes?"

"Do you already have someone for that stupid project? I wouldn't want to end up alone and get an F." She smiled at him.

"Actually, I don't."

"That's cool! We can be together!"

"T-together?" Naruto had already gone to write them down.

"All right, we're officially together!" Hinata blushed like crazy and Naruto realized that what he said might have a different meaning.

"For that project, of course!" Hinata calmed down.

"I'm looking forward to our cooperation," said Hinata.

"Me too." After school, Naruto went to see Sasuke.

"Oh, aren't you Uzumaki Naruto?" asked Mikoto.

"Sasuke told us your parents died in a car accident," said Fugaku.

"Hey, Darling!" Mikoto shouted at him.

"That's good, I've come to terms with it," said Naruto.

"Sasuke is in his room," Mikoto said amiably.

"Thank you-ttebayo." Naruto went to Sasuke's room. Sasuke did his homework carefully.

"You take that school seriously."

"Naruto, you probably don't..."

"You're right about this, I don't care about school."

"You should, school can change your future."

"Sure, sure."

"Why did you come?"

"I wanted to visit you, and also ask you about the project."

"Project? I do it myself."

"No way! Sakura-chan wrote you down that you work with her!"

"What did she do? I did not agree with anything like that!"

"Then tell her."

"You don't know Sakura, she can't be convinced. Plus, she'd take it as a date..."

"I think the whole project will be a big date for her." Sasuke bowed his head.

"Tell me you're not with anyone. I want to change partners, even if you're such an idiot."

"Sorry, I already signed up with Hinata."

"Hinata?"

"Well, we're actually left with each other."

"I see, even so, we could switch partners. Sakura would be with Hinata and you with me."

"I doubt Professor Orochimaru would let us, and I promised Hinata to do it with her. I don't want to disappoint her."

"Is there nothing more than a promise?"

"What do you mean?! I wanted to be with Sakura, but she wanted to be with you!"

"Uhh..." Sasuke wasn't too thrilled. He knew he would do the whole project himself, and Sakura would be staring at him all the time. They had 2 whole weeks for the project, now only 2 days. Naruto hasn't started yet. Most of all, he didn't want to make Hinata fail. After school, he found her in the usual place, in the girls' toilets.

"Hinata!" She cried again. Naruto looked at her. Suddenly he was a little upset when he saw her cry. He approached her and sat down next to her.

"Why are you crying again? Who did this to you?!" She wiped away her tears.

"I-I thought that if I changed my appearance, the bullying would stop, but because of my eyes, which are better to see now, it's even worse..."

"Are you kidding me? Your eyes are beautiful. I have never seen more beautiful eyes if I do not count Sakura-chan!" Hinata blushed.

"And that's why you haven't been in school for 2 months?" She nodded, But it's not true. There is a lot behind Hinata that we don't know about yet. Naruto began stroking her head.

"W-what are you doing?"

"Ehh, nothing...." He stopped.

"I wanted to ask you about the project. We only have 2 days left and we don't have anything yet!"

"Actually, we have. I've already prepared something myself..."

"Without me?"

"W-well, I didn't know where you live and... I was too shy to ask you..." She said the second sentence so softly that Naruto didn't hear it.

"No, no, it's actually great. Less work for me. You're the best, Hinata!" She blushed.

"We can do the project today, it's Friday and I have time-ttebayo!" said cheerily Naruto.

"I have it that way too, and where would we do it?"

"Couldn't we do it at your place? You know, Pervy Sage... my godfather takes a different woman to our house every day. I don't want you to meet any of them..."

"Oh, of course..." Hinata was a little curious about how Naruto lives.

"Great, let's go!" said Naruto and waited on Hinata. It was weird. In Naruto's presence, Hinata forgot all her afflictions. Even her father...