Chapter 4: Confusion

At Jiraiya’s house

Naruto heard the door slam.

"Pervy Sage! Is that you?" Naruto went to the door. His hand still ached and he had a fever.

"Naruto! I told you to stay in bed!"

"I’m perfectly fine-ttebayo!" He wanted to raise his injured hand and prove it to him.

"I-itte!"

"See? I told you."

"And where were you?"

"Hmm, I visited Itachi."

"Sasuke’s brother? Why?"

"I just arrested their father."

"What do you mean arrested? Are you working for the FBI again?"

"I helped them a little. Nothing more."

"I see."

"What about you? Are you going to school yet?"

"I'll go tomorrow. Otherwise, Kakashi-sensei would bother me again…"

"Hahah, in that case, greet Tsunade. I haven't seen her in a long time."

"Why would she want to see you, she'd have to watch you flirt with other girls right in front of her. You are a disgrace to all men, Percy Sage!"

"D-don’t remind me. She beat me so bad that day that I stayed in the hospital for a month."

"You deserved it!"

"I guess you are right." Jiraiya stroked his head.

"I still miss her..."

"Pervy Sage?"

"Don’t mind me! I’m just talking to myself!"

"A-all right."

Next day at school

Naruto’s POV

I would never expect to look forward to school. But I’m really excited! To see that everyone are okay. Hinata, Sasuke… I'm late again. But I don't think it matters at all, because we have Kakashi-sensei for the first hour. Hahah. I was standing in front of the classroom door. Okay! This will be epic!

"I’m back-ttebayo!" I slammed the door open and shouted. But… what? Who are these people?

"Who is the person from whom the young shines?!!" yelled Brushy Eyebrows.

"You are so loud like usually," said Neji. Neji?! Don’t tell me I’m in the wrong class again…

"Naruto!" Neji came closer to me.

"Your class is above us. You have a substitute because Kakashi-sensei is missing. It is said that he got lost on the path of life again. Such nonsense." I’m sure he reads Icha-Icha Paradise at home. It's a hopeless case like Pervy Sage.

"Thank you, Neji!" I left immediately. I didn't even notice that this was the first time Neji hadn't treated me so contemptuously. But above this class is biology. I'm not looking forward to that hour at all. I came as quietly as I could. I didn't want him to notice me.

"Uzumaki Naruto, I see you are finally all right!" He grinned so contemptuously at me. It hasn't changed at all. But… who’s that guy sitting next to Hinata?! I came to him. I need to clarify where his place belongs.

"Hey you, this isn’t your place!" I yelled at him.

"Huh? Do I hear wrong or is it really you, Demon fox?" No. No!

"Demon fox? What does that mean?" I heard whispers.

"Mieko!" I wanted to punch him so much.

"N-Naruto-kun? Do you know him?" Hinata’s voice calmed me down. Like always.

"Hinata! Why are you sitting next to him?!"

"I-I’m sorry! I didn’t expect you to come and he asked me for permission!"

"I'm sure Hinata would rather sit next to me than next to such a monster..." He. I want to kill him.

"Why are you so mean to him?" asked Hinata.

"I just know him better than you. But babe, I’m sure you like me better than him." He wanted to kiss her! And that bastard Mizuki-sensei isn’t doing anything!

*slap*

Hinata… slapped him?

"Please don’t touch me. I don’t like it." I wouldn’t expect that…

"As you wish, Princess. We can do this later." That bastard! I’ll kill him! But wait… why am I so angry? This is about Hinata… He’s doing it against her will! That’s it!