Chapter 25: Let her go

They had Kurenai-sensei for another class. Naruto couldn't concentrate at all. She noticed.

"Are you thinking of something more important than my class?"

"I'd say yes, dattebayo…"

"Then tell us."

"Rather not."

"Ahh, just pay attention, all right?" said Kurenai.

"All right." And Kurenai continued. Asuma was fine as always. He was just teasing Shikamaru.

"So… what about that girl from the Olympiad? Did you meet her again?"

"I never want to meet that troublesome woman again…"

"Ahh, you will never find a wife."

"The same applies for you, no one would want a smoker like you, Asuma."

"Wrong, I already have someone."

"Huh? Who?"

"You are interested? That was unexpected. It’s Kurenai."

"Kurenai-sensei? Wait, I thought she got fatter, but…"

"That’s right, we are expecting a baby."

"W-well, congratulations."

"Thanks, and Shikamaru, visit us someday."

"Uhh, what a drag, but all right."

"Hah, as expected from you." Shikamaru smirked. Iruka was also angry with Naruto, but at the same time he noticed that something was wrong.

"Are you all right, Naruto? You look like a body without a soul. You don't even do your stupid things."

"Just let me think…"

"Naruto and thinking? Something is definitely wrong!" thought Iruka. But he no longer had time to deal with Naruto and returned to teaching. Naruto didn't listen to him at all. And the last hour was the worst subject of all. Biology. Naruto was not paying attention again. Mizuki took advantage of this and talked to Mieko.

"So, how is working your plan?"

"As you can see, very well. He’s so depressed, he can’t even pay attention to the class. Poor thing, really." Mizuki smirked.

"It was a good idea to recommend you to this school."

"It sure was." Mizuki was in a good mood to see Naruto like that, but he was still missing something.

"Do you have the photos?"

You mean these?" These were photos of Hinata and Kiba. Some of them were taken at the right moment, some of them were a photo shop.

"Hahah, that’s genious!"

"I think so too…" Mieko took the photos and discreetly threw them on Naruto's desk.

"Huh?" Naruto noticed a white envelope lying on his desk. He opened it.