Chapter 4: Caught in the act

Hinata’s POV

When I left school, I felt great relief. It was stuffy at school. I couldn't breathe calmly there. I have to keep all my thoughts and feelings to myself and from now on it will always be like this. This is how I protect everyone! I came home and my father was already waiting for me.

"Is something wrong?"

"This is your first mission as a sniper. This debtor owes us a nice bundle of money, but it's not just what he used to be, he's always armed, he even attacked us once and killed one member, Hyuuga Ko, your bodyguard. You have to remove him!" My father said seriously. I was in shock. My body was shaking. I have known Ko since childhood. He always stayed by my side and always protected me. Then one day I learned that he had died on a mission... But I didn't know that I would have to return to it ...

"E-excuse me?"

"Like I said, you have to remove him!" He said it even more seriously.

"I, I, why me…?"

"Such a stupid question. You are a sniper, you have the biggest advantage and a chance to kill him." I swallowed. I'm not seeking revenge. I don't want to do it.

"I refuse." I didn't look him in the eye.

"Do you think you have a choice?"

"Huh?"

"If you don't, one of our members could die again, or a minor accident could happen to your stupid friends."

"Are you threatening me?"

"I'd rather call it a little warning. So, will you do it?"

"I… I will."

"Okay, but in order to trust you, you have to know I'm not bluffing. Take an example from your mother."

"W-what do you mean?"

"Do you really think she died in the birth of Hanabi?"

"Of course, but she gave life to my little sister, I adore her and one day I want to be like her."

"Fool. I just told you this because you were a little kid."

"Wait, what does this mean?!"

"Have you finally figured it out? Your mother's death was no accident. I killed her with my own hands."

"I killed her with my own hands!" These words were repeated in my head. Suddenly my knees broke.

"You are lying..."

"After all, you are just a stupid little girl."

"Why, why?"

"Why? I told her about my intentions with you. She disagreed and slapped me. She didn't want her own daughter to grow up in a mob. That's why I strangled her. This pissed me off so badly I couldn't hold on. At least she didn't stand in my way then. I could do whatever I wanted with you. I even forced you to train from the age of three."

"No, no…"

"It’s true, now go get ready…" My father… The man standing in front of me said. I can’t call him my father anymore. I'm so stupid, I've always just wanted him to be proud of me. Even though he was strict, he treated us nice, but I can't forgive him for this, this time…

Naruto’s POV

I went for a walk late at night. I had to think of Hinata. What's been happening to her lately? What happened? I want to know, even if it could be something painful. Just as I was going to the store for a drink, I was walking down a mysterious alley. No one was there, there was a dark silence, but then I heard footsteps. The footsteps of many people. Then I saw them, but I saw a familiar face among them.

"H-Hinata?" She looked at me. Tears in her eyes. Then she turned back and continued on her way.

"Wait, Hinata!" I noticed something. She was holding a gun, not just any gun. It was a sniper rifle. What the hell does she want to do with that thing?!! I have to stop her, whatever it is! So I ran after her. She was pretty fast for being a girl. I could barely keep up with her. Fortunately, she broke up with the others, so there was no misunderstanding.

"Hinata!" No response. She seemed to be running to the roof. Well, lucky I can do parkour, I could climb to the roof. I was there much earlier than she was because she was running up the stairs. She was pretty scared of it.

"Naruto-kun…"

"Hinata, what does this mean?" I pointed at the gun.

"Nothing you should care about."

"Don’t ignore me! What’s going  on-ttebayo?!" She was breathing hard.

"Let, let me do it."

"What?" I watched her. She raised her weapon and focused on something.

"Hey, what are you doing? Stop it!" Her hands were still shaking. She was nervous.

"I MUST!!!" Then I heard a gunshot.

"H-Hinata…" I pushed her away and looked at what had happened.

"The man… is bleeding…"

"The mission was successful…" she said and laid down. What did she mean by that? What mission? Well, I won’t bother with that now. I looked at her. She wasn’t asleep, she was just exhausted. She was sweaty and her hands were shaking. From this alone, I can say that she didn't really want to do what she did. Someone had to make her. That's why she didn't talk to anyone. Someone forced her. At least that’s what I think when I see her. I would be lying if I didn't say she looks sexy in that outfit. Ehh, I’m thinking like Pervy Sage again-ttebayo! That’s gross!

"Naruto-kun…"

"Huh? Yes?"

"Please don’t tell anyone about this… I don't want to hurt you…"

"Umm." What did she mean by that? She doesn’t want to hurt us? How could-? Someone is blackmailing her! But it’s not sure. I have to ask her about this. But for now, I'll put it aside, I can't leave her here in the cold. But I heard footsteps.

"They are fast." I put my jacket on Hinata so she won’t be cold and left.