Chapter 2: Unteachable Jiraiya

Hinata's POV

A new member is due to join us today. He is said to be quite experienced and dangerous. He will help with our  mission abroad. But I still haven't been told the reason for this mission. I'm quite scared of it.

"Hinata, come! Our new member has already arrived!" I followed my father's voice. In the same room stood a tall man with a mask over his nose. I don't know why, but I have such a nostalgic feeling. Like I already knew him.

"You are the beautiful daughter of Hiashi-san. Nice to meet you." That mysterious man kissed my hand. Father grinned at him.

"Don't try anything. You're only here for now."

"I didn't even try anything…" Then he let go of my hand.

"N-nice to meet you too," I said. But I still have that familiar feeling.

"Hinata, this man will be the commander of your unit. Try not to cause him any trouble." I nodded. I'm still a nuisance to my father. But I don't care anymore, not after what happened between me and him.

"I hope we get used to each other," he said and I nodded. I still don't know if I can trust him. I think father feels the same way. He stared at him the whole time. Then my father left and only me and him remained in the room. There was an awkward silence, so I wanted to break it.

"My father didn’t mention your name."

"How rude of him. I'm Kashin Koji."

"I’m Hyuuga Hinata." I smiled at him to earn his trust.

"Trust is important in a team. In order to trust each other, we should know something about ourselves." That he would read my mind? But I'm afraid of what he might ask me.

"So how old are you?"

"I’m 16."

"School?"

"Konoha High School."

"Chest size?"

"Huh?!" What did he ask?!

"Uhh, nevermind. Have you ever been in love?"

"I think it’s private, but I have the feeling I can trust you. I'm in love… right now."

"Ho, who’s the lucky boy?"

"M-my classmate, I don’t think you know him. It’s Uzumaki Naruto-kun." I blushed. I've never talked to anyone about this theme.

"I see." He looked thoughtful. That I would say something wrong?

"C-can I ask you now?"

"Oh, of course."

"Your age?"

"I’m 53 years old."

"Do you have a family?"

"I'm taking care of one boy. His parents have already died."

"I-I’m sorry."

"There’s no reason to be sorry. You're so nice unlike your father."

"T-thank you. I inherited it after my mom."

"Now that makes sense."

"May I ask why you want to work with your father?" I asked.

"Well, it's my old acquaintance. And, well, uhh, he asked me for a favor I could not refuse."

"I, I see." Does it just seem the way to me or is he lying now? After a while, my father called me. He wanted to test my skills while Kashin Koji-san got his own room.

Naruto’s POV

That’s really weird-ttebayo. Just a moment ago, Pervy Sage wrote me that he was going on vacation and I had food in the fridge. I don't think I'll see him for a few weeks. Is it really normal?! To disappear like this and just write me a text message, dattebayo?! I must not be upset now. But it annoys me so much! Aaahhh! I give up! The old pervert is unteachable! He went somewhere to enjoy the girls anyway!

I looked in the fridge. He's kidding! The whole fridge is full of instant ramen! On the other hand, I don't mind, I love ramen! I prepared one serving right away. There was such silence without him anyway…

No! I can't miss him! I am thinking of something more important… I searched the internet for a bit about the Hyuuga family. It was hard. All the information about them is not available, but I learned something interesting from a secret source.

It's a dreaded mafia around the world. The main leader is Hinata's father, who inherited the position from his younger talented brother. From the man who killed my parents. I learned that Hinata’s sister’s name is Hanabi. She never mentioned it. No wonder. She doesn't want to put her in danger. In addition, Hanabi is only 11. She is still a child. There was even some information about Hinata. But I already knew everything.

But now I know what the murder was supposed to mean. Hinata is forced to do so because she is the eldest daughter of the leader. I also learned a little about Neji. About the bastard who taught me some bullshits. Apparently he is the commander of the most dangerous unit in the entire mafia. Now I know why he's such an asshole. But something worries me. The information is secret and should not be so easy to access. Did anyone want me to find it?