Chapter 22: Is it love?

Normal POV

Mieko stood in front of the school and saw Naruto.

"It's him again. He will never learn..." Mieko smirked. He knew the fox incident wasn't too good. Nobody even believes it anymore. And since he only talked about it once, his fans forgot about it. He knew he had to come up with something better, what even students of his age will believe. But he only wanted to make hell out of Naruto's life. Who cares about the audience? So he came up with a much better plan to separate Naruto and Hinata. It's not that he fell in love with Hinata, but he knows that Naruto did. It's just a matter of taking away his happiness. He approached Naruto.

"Naruto, old friend..."

"Keep it, Mieko. We were never friends!"

"You are right. I wouldn't even want to be your friend. But there is something you should know."

"What do you mean?"

"Something about Kiba and Hinata."

"What's with them?"

"Hmm..." Mieko looked at Hinata who stood in front of school. Kiba came to open the door for her. He wanted to be better than Naruto.

"Just look at them. Aren't they cute together?" He pointed at Hinata and Kiba.

"Heeh? What are you talking about, Mieko? Wasn't it you who teased Hinata?"

"Tss, it's in the past! I just want Hinata to be happy unlike you!"

"What do you mean unlike me?!"

"Just look at them! They are happy!" Hinata watched Kiba, trying in vain to open the door and she giggled.

"Hinata..."

"You know, it's your fault that Hinata experienced hell yesterday."

"M-my fault?! What do you mean?"

"Girls don't like her. They rather hate her. Because she's too close to you. It looks like they are interested in you. How unexpected," he said sarcastically.

"What?! I didn't know that!"

"Now you know! They were calling Hinata a wh*re and a sl*t just because of you! They were kicking her. And one girl even slapped her. She cried. A lot. And just because of you!"

"No way! I want to protect Hinata!"

"And now you did the opposite. You should better get lost and let her be happy with Kiba." Naruto grinned at him. Then he left. Is he really the cause of Hinata's hell? Should he leave her to Kiba? But, why is he thinking about it in this way? He never admitted that he liked Hinata more than just as a friend...

But now he finally figured it out. He has to think about her every day and every night. His heart always beats faster when she talks to him and he is always motivated thanks to her. She makes his life brighter. And what would it be but love? It took him so long to realize it... These mixed feelings he felt around her. And now he doesn't know if he should trust Mieko. But he doesn't want to hurt Hinata at any cost. And now that he had finally figured it out, he definitely didn't want to give up. But... isn't that selfish of him?

"Uhh, damn door!!" yelled Kiba and Hinata giggled.

"He acts like Naruto-kun. And I have to think of him again. I miss him when he's not around me. And that's why I decided to confess to him today everything I feel for him. I hope he will accept my feelings...!" She blushed.

"I've got it! Hinata! Hinata?!"

"Oh, thank you, Kiba-kun!"

"No need to thank me! I'm glad I came across you!"

"R-really?"

"Of course! And only now have I finally realized how wonderful you are!"

"Ummm..." She didn't know if she could trust him. He always avoided her like a mysterious illness and told everyone to stay away from her. Only Naruto didn't believe it.

"Let's go!" Kiba went next to her and Hinata was nervous. She was a little afraid of being alone with him. When they came to class, TenTen held a seat for Hinata.

©Shawn Mendes