Chapter 14: Naruto's depression

Next day at school

Naruto eventually got a F, and now he was in danger of failing or not having a chance to finish school. Kakashi had warned him about this several times. But Naruto let it be. But now he realized that he would need to finish school to make his dream come true. Summer vacation is coming and Naruto's marks aren't exactly good. He was starting to fall into depression.

"School. School. I hate it…" He was walking down the hall like a zombie. Only Hinata noticed that something was wrong. She was watching him and he didn't notice her at all. She sat down next to him in the school cafeteria. Mostly Naruto sits with Sasuke. Today, however, Sasuke was sitting with Sakura.

"Naruto-kun, can i sit down?"

"Oh, Hinata! Of course you can!" She noticed that he was trying to eat the soup with a fork.

"Why is the spoon leaky!?" She giggled.

"What’s so funny!?"

"You're holding a fork."

"I, I see." He rested his head on his elbow.

"Naruto-kun, are you all right? You don't act like you always do today…"

"You noticed? Well, I think I have a depression…"

"Is that so?! H-how can I help you?!"

"Tutor me please…"

"Tutor? You want to have better marks?"

"Yeah, dattebayo."

"Then I-I will tutor you if you want…"

"Wait, I meant it as a joke! Are you serious?! Would you really do that for me?!"

"Of course! I don’t want you to fail…" Hinata smiled.

"Thank you, Hinata! You are really the best!" Naruto hugged her. Hinata blushed. After a while, Naruto found it awkward and let her go.

"I-I’m sorry, dattebayo." There was an awkward silence.

"Well, I’m going-!"

"You didn’t even eat the soup…!" But Naruto was already gone. Kiba and Mieko kept grinning at him.

"That bastard!" They both thought.

With Obito

"Have you finally brought him, Obito?"

"No, Madara-sama."

"Are you joking!? What’s taking you so long!?"

"Actually, I think we should wait."

"Wait for what? There’s no time to wait! I need them right now!"

"In this state, Uzumaki Naruto is still totally useless. He's not trained so he wouldn't survive very long."

"Then why did you recommend him to me? He’s worthless!"

"Wait, he has the courage and the potential. He is quite confident and has stamina. He is not afraid to sacrifice for others. I think we can use it. In addition, he is the son of Namikaze Minato…"

"Namikaze Minato, that bastard almost caught me in the act. Interesting."

"I visited him and provoked him a little. I think he should start training now. Even because of his dream."

"Dream, what a waste of time. Why are you so sure of him? He doesn't even have anyone to train him."

"Jiraiya is his guardian."

"Jiraiya, where have i heard that name?"

"He trained with Namikaze Minato. He worked a lot with him. They were partners."

"I see. Not bad. Now I also think that the brat will come in handy. What about Uchiha?"

"Sasuke Uchiha is still out of sight. At least until Itachi starts training him. Sasuke is experienced and has purely the basics. Nothing beneficial."

"Provoke Itachi to do it. I don't have that much time."

"And what about our promise?"

"You haven't even followed my orders yet, but then I'll give you Nohara Rin, don't worry."

"I see," said Obito and left. He wanted to find Itachi.

"Fool, she is gone forever. He’ll never see her again." Madara smirked.

About the meme, I don't know whose idea it was, but this is my edit...😅