Chapter 8: Insidious Mieko

Still Naruto's POV

"All right! This is my room!"

"Do you live in a dump?" Kurama held its nose with its paw.

"You ungrateful fox! It’s better than the street!"

"We will probably agree on that." It jumped on my bed.

"What do you think you are doing?!"

"I’m tired and my leg still hurts. I'll probably take a nap here…" It fell asleep!! I looked at its leg. It jerked its leg. It must really suffer… No! No sympathy for it! Kurama took up almost the entire bed. Still, I tried to get in there. I was tired after today. I had to think of Mieko, Sakura-chan, but also Hinata.

I guess Mieko will never give up. Suddenly I can't wait to graduate and get rid of him forever. As for Sakura-chan, I'm surprised, but even though she's changed a lot for the better, I don't feel anything for her anymore. No romantic feelings. I guess I've given up or maybe it's because I still have to think about Hinata. Unlike Sakura-chan, she was always there for me.

She always treated me the best she could and even tried to protect me. She would be willing to sacrifice her life for me. But I don't want that at all! When I met her, she was just crying, but now she's still smiling. It's a pleasant feeling. She's changed a lot, too, but I can't say now if it's good. He's attracting a lot of attention now. Even more than at the beginning. I'm worried about her.

I woke up the next day. My bed was wet. What happened?! I sniffed at my blanket. I could smell animal urine. Don’t tell me-!

"Kuramaaa!!!" I yelled.

"Why are you waking me up, kid?"

"You, you bastard! You pissed on my blanket!"

"Psst! Not so loud! It's not something I want to brag about." It covered my face with my paw. I quickly took it off myself.

"Can you explain that?!"

"Well, the thing is, I can't walk yet because of that leg. Even foxes have a need."

"Uhh!!!" I quickly threw it in the washing machine and poured all the powder. It also urinated on my sheets, but fortunately the mattress was unspent.

I guess I'll have to walk it. Kurama was quite ashamed of it. It is very proud to be just a fox. A very unusual fox. Unfortunately, I still have school, but I'll probably be late again because of this incident. But we usually have the first hours with Kakashi-sensei, who is also late. I hurried and didn't notice Kurama crawling into my backpack. I was right, Kakashi-sensei was not there yet. Tired, I went to sit down.

"You don't look well," said Sasuke.

"You think?" I said sarcastically.

"Corrected tests are being distributed today," said Sasuke.

"Who else but you would know?"

"Everyone except you." Why he has to always roast me like that?!

"Yo class! I was helping an old woman and-!"

"You do that every day, Kakashi-sensei! Think of something better!" yelled Sakura-chan. I agree with her. But I'm usually late too, so it suits me.

"But it’s true-!"

"Liar!!" I yelled with Sakura-chan. Kakashi-sensei has already given up and passed us the tests.

"Professor Orochimaru apologized for not being here today and gave it to me, your class teacher-." Everyone was curious about the results, so no one listened.

"No one listens..."

"At least you know the feeling," said Shino or whatever is his name.

„Dozo, Shikamaru, hand out the tests!

"What a drag…" He said and handed out the tests. I didn't even want to see my result.

"F, I knew it," said Hinata and smiled. Wait, F? Something is off. Then Shikamaru handed me my test.

"AAA??!!!" I yelled. This is the first time I got it. Wait, I didn’t know almost everything, how did I-?"

"Sensei, an error occurred!" said Mieko.

"What is it, Mieko-kun?"

"Uzumaki Naruto stole Hinata’s test!" I would never do something like this! What happened?!

"Do you have proofs?"

"Yes, right here!" He showed him Hinata's test. There was a little bit to see my name, but only a little.

"Shimatta, I was careless…!" thought Hinata.

"Naruto, how do you explain yourself?" asked Kakashi-sensei.

"I didn’t do it-ttebayo!!" I stood up.

"This isn’t enough."

"Wait! It’s my fault!" said Hinata.

"Hinata?" I was confused.

"What can you tell us about that, Hinata?"

"I changed it! I changed my test with Naruto-kun’s-!"

"Don’t believe her," said Mieko.

"Huh?" Hinata was confused as well.

"You know, Naruto is her crush. That's why she's trying to save him, even though he's in trouble right now…"

"No, no…" said Hinata.

"Crush? Me?" What does this mean? But he seems to be trying to destroy me at any cost. Even if it hurts Hinata. That bastard! Hinata just… didn’t want me to fail. I talked to her about it.

"Uhh, I have a headache. You three just get a detention."

"Excuse me?" Mieko didn’t understand it.

"You started talking about it. I have to deal with it now. But it looks like Naruto's test was seriously changed with Hinata‘s. I'll just tell Professor Orochimaru to trade the marks."

"I just didn’t want him to fail…" said Hinata. She was upset.

"This was interesting," thought Kurama. In the end, only Hinata and I got detention. Mizuki got Moeki out of it.

"Those bastards, I hate them, dattebayo," I said.

"Naruto-kun…"

"Oh, I'm sorry, I'm used to being here alone. Do you want to ask something?"

"Why do you hate them? I know Mieko-kun is not very likeable, but I don’t think it’s that bad…"

"That’s because you don’t know them!" I raised my voice. I'm already tired of this.

"I-I’m sorry." I know she'll understand me best when I tell her. So be it-ttebayo.

"I’ll… tell you, why I hate them!" She looked surprised, dattebayo.

"It all started when I got to elementary school…"