Chapter 13: Obito's acting

Naruto’s POV

I didn't expect Hinata's confession. That her father was able to kill his own wife. Well, now it's in the past. But I didn't think that Hanabi didn't know about it either.

Hinata definitely wants to protect her. Even if she has to lie to her. Well, what can she do? But when I saw her reconcile with Hanabi, it warmed my heart. I never had siblings. But I take Sasuke as my half-brother. I think siblings have such a bond-ttebayo. Hinata then approached me.

"Naruto-kun, thank you…"

"Huh? What are you talking about? I didn’t do anything."

"No, thanks to you, I was able to say it…" I see. It's not easy to talk about something like that. I smirked. Hanabi kept making weird faces, which I somehow didn't understand. And Neji glared at me. With a death stare. I guess all Hyuugas are weird-ttebayo… I knew Hinata would probably want to be with her family now, and I said goodbye. It was long after the funeral and there was no point in staying there any longer.

Pervy Sage is finally home again. I have to take advantage of that! But as I walked home, I noticed someone watching me.

"Who’s there?"

"Impresive, Uzumaki Naruto. You could sense my presence."

"Just… who the hell are you?"

"I’m… Uchiha Obito."

"Uchiha?!"

"Yes, like Sasuke." Does he read my mind?

"Why are you here?"

"I wanted to meet you.“

"Why?"

"I wanted to test your skills."

"I’m not a member of mafia or something like that. What are you talking about?"

"Because my boss needs you soon. You should train more. It certainly won't be enough for you from that stupid meeting…" How does he know about it? Has he been watching me for a long time?

"And so you know, if I didn‘t want to meet you, you wouldn‘t find me." He did it again. What is this all about?

"You will find out more soon. Goodbye for now." I just winked and he was gone. This is no ordinary person. What a weirdo.

But Pervy Sage is due to return today. I have to tell him all about Kurama. I hope I get rid of him. I went home and it was lit there. Pervy Sage is back!

"Hmm? Naruto? Where were you?"

"It is not important! Just where the hell were you, Pervy Sage?!!!"

"Uhh, don’t yell at me…"

"Start talking!"

"I can’t tell him I was investigating something with the FBI… He would just start poking his nose into it again," thought Pervy Sage.

"I, I was on a vacation!!"

"You've been on vacation all weekend?!!"

"Yeah…"

"You were somewhere in the water park anyway, watching the women!!!"

"That’s right!!!"

"You are really unteachable!!"

"But come on, I need some inspiration for my new book!"

"Uhh, is that so?"

"Oi, you two would wake the dead!" said that annoying furball.

"W-w-what…????" Pervy Sage was shocked.

"Yeah, it can talk, I know."

"Naruto, you knew?"

"So Pervy Sage, this fox is really, really weird! We should take it back where I found it! Dattebayo!"

"Are you kidding?! This is awesome!!" My mouth was wide open.

"No!!" I threw a chair at him, but he deflected it with his elbow. Fuck.

"Naruto, you are stupid."

"I know that already!!"

"Anyway, we’ll keep it!"

"Why, Pervy Sage? It pissed my blanket. It climbed in my bag, it wants to be called Kurama and it's a pervert!" I shouldn't have said the last one.

"Ohh! We will get along!" I face-palmed.

"Did you even listen to me?!"

"Yeah, yeah, it pissed your blanket…" He was uninterested. He likes it more than me…

"So what kind of girls do you like, Kurama?"

"Hmm. I’m a fox so it’s hard, but that Hinata girl isn’t bad." Whatt??

"I see you are a man (a fox) of culture as well," said Pervy Sage. I swear I’ll kill them both. I grabbed Kurama’s tail.

"Don’t talk like that about Hinata!"

"Hmm, why shouldn’t I, brat?"

"Cause you are a fox!"

"What’s wrong with that?"

"Everything!!"

"Oi Naruto, calm down…" said Pervy Sage. I let go its tail.

"I originally wanted to slap you against a wall…"

"I originally wanted to bite you in the crotch." That bastard!!!

"You roasted him, Kurama!" Pervy Sage was on his side.

"All right, keep it. I give up. But I have one request."

"What is it?"

"Train me."

"Train? What happened?"

"Nothing serious, really. I just met Uchiha Obito today, dattebayo."

"Uchiha Obito…" He looked serious.

"When did it happen?"

"When I was leaving the funeral. He was following me."

"Funeral?"

"The funeral of Hyuuga Hiashi. I already told you. You really have a short memory."

"I see. But, Naruto, try to avoid him as much as possible. He’s nothing good."

"You know him."

"H-how would I know him? I just heard something on my research!"

"Don’t lie, Pervy Sage, you are acting like the FBI member. What are you hiding?"

"Why do you want me to train you?" He changed the theme.

"Because of my dream! I will surpass father one day! But I need you to train me… And it’s also because of that Uchiha guy. He’s bad news."

"All right, I will train you!"

"You are the best, Pervy Sage!"

"He’s so simple," thought Kurama.