Chapter 2: Protective cousin

Neji’s POV

That bastard Naruto! What he did to Hinata-sama is unforgivable! I went for a walk hoping to run into him somewhere. But I met a duo that I never wanted to meet.

"Neji!!" Lee yelled.

"Oi Neji, come join our training!" said Guy-sensei. I looked at him disgusted. They were sweaty and their coveralls were so glued to them that it showed their six-packs. No wonder they have them. They train every day without a break. I don't understand how their body can handle it.

"No, thanks!" I said seriously. Lee was disappointed.

"By the way, Lee, haven't you seen Naruto here?"

"Oh!! I saw, I saw him train so hard !! That made me fired up for another workout!!" Train? Why would he train? But that's his business.

"Where did you see him?"

"On a dry meadow in front of the park, but he just went to run a marathon, so I don't know if you'll find him!!"

"Oh, thank you, Lee!"

"Neji thanked me! I’m so moved!!“ He cried. How strange. But… Guy-sensei cried with him.

"That’s my student! Good work, Lee!!"

"Guy-sensei!!" They hugged. H-how disgusting… I was looking for him in that meadow and around the park. I walked to the swimming pool, where I saw a pervert.

"Oi, what are you doing?!"

"Psst!! It’s for my research!" He closed my mouth.

"Hmm… wait… Those eyes, aren't you Hyuuga?"

"That’s me. I’m Hyuuga Neji." Jiraiya felt guilty.

"Oh, I see…"

"And who are you? You should know that this is not polite at all! Sneak young and naked women!"

"They are not naked and you are a man as well. You should understand me."

"No, I don’t!" I blushed from embarrassment.

"Hmm, I’m Jiraiya."

"Jiraiya? I remember. Hinata-sama mentioned you when she tutored that bastard."

"Hinata, I see… That bastard? You don’t like Naruto, do you?"

"How could I, when he hurt Hinata-sama!?"

"Wait, what happened? Naruto was pretty depressed today and he was acting pretty weird."

"He left Hinata-sama! When she… when she… wanted to confess to him. Poor Hinata-sama…" Neji clenched his fist.

"I see! Naruto is so rude! I haven't taught him how to treat women yet, but this? Just beat the crap out of him, Neji, you have my permission!" He smiled.

"T-thanks, I guess." Says the one who spies on innocent women. I understand a little Naruto.

"Where can I find him?"

"He ran 10 km to another city. It's called Sunagakure."

"Sunagakure? Is this city really that close to Konoha?"

"No… I lied to him. It’s 30 km, but don’t say anything to him. He would scold me again."

"Oh, all right." I didn't have time to deal with him. I bought a bike at a local store and went looking for him. I am not a thief and we are a rich family, I could afford it for this situation. It’s for Hinata-sama! After 15 km I still didn't find it. Plus, it was getting dark. Did he really go that far? Nevermind. I continued. I went through hard training and now the endurance is good for me. Why… the hell… do I go... so far? I'm running out of energy. I drove too fast. But good news, I've seen a sign reading Sunagakure. I’m… finally... there. Now all I had to do was find him. But it wasn't hard with my sharp eyes. I saw blonde hair and ran there. It was Naruto. He was talking to someone with red hair.

"Gaara! I’m so glad I met  you-ttebayo!"

"M-me too, Naruto." He was nervous. I interrupted their conversation.

"Naruto!!"

"Haah?! Neji?! W-what? How??"

"You will pay for what you did to Hinata-sama!!"

"Ahh?! No, don’t come close!!"

"I-I’m sorry, who are you?" asked Gaara-san.

"I’m Hyuuga Neji. It’s not important."

"I-I see. I just that I have to patrol it here."

"Patrol? Why would you do that?"

"I-I…"

"Neji, stop, he’s important here. That’s what he wanted to say."

"I see. I’m just here because of him. Don’t worry. I’m not someone suspicious."

"You are very suspicious!" said that idiot. I punched him.

"You can trust me."

"A-all right," said Gaara-san.

"You are so evil, dattebayo-!"

"You are one to talk. Right, Naruto?"

"I’m sorry for anything I did! But tell me for what because I don’t know…"

"You don’t know?! Are you kidding me?!"

"No, what happened?" I face-palmed. Hinata-sama, what do you see in him?

„P-please calm down, both of you. I would like to suggest that you stay in our city. You can sleep in my apartment. I live with two siblings, I hope they will understand."

"Gaara! You are so nice-ttebayo! Unlike him…" He looked at me. What an outrage.

"Hmm, hmm…" I coughed.

"I would be pleased. I'm tired and it would take a long time back."

"I-I see. Make yourself at home…" Gaara-san was still nervous. He’s probably not used to talking to other people.

"C-can I ask you something?"

"Of course, Gaara!" said Naruto.

"W-will you be my friends?"

"Sure thing, Gaara!"

"Hah, it will be my pleasure, Gaara-san."

"P-please just call me Gaara."

"All right, Gaara." Gaara blushed.

"You know, I've never had friends, so I'm very happy now." Gaara smiled.

"You? I don't understand how this one can have friends and you can’t." I pointed at Naruto.

"What do you mean by it?!" Naruto yelled.

"You wouldn’t understand…" I said.

"Do I seem dumb to you?"

"Hah, not just to me."

"Neji! You exagerrated this!"

"Bring it!" I'll beat some sense into him for Hinata-sama!

"P-please don’t fight. I would like to introduce you to my siblings," Gaara interrupted us.

"Your siblings?" I asked.

"Their names are Temari and Kankurou."

"Hmm, Temari you say?" said Naruto.

"Why? Do you know her, Naruto?" asked Gaara.

"Hmm, yeah. I remember her."

"H-how?" asked Gaara.

"Oh, it’s nothing. My friend Shikamaru was still talking about her... What a troublesome woman… That’s why I hate women… Women are all so problematic… What a drag…Temari is the most troublesome woman in the world…" Naruto imitated Shikamaru. But it’s true. I don’t know Shikamaru that much, but I heard he’s very unmotivated and uninterested. It’s a surprise that he talks about that Temari.

"R-really? I wonder what happened… I’ll ask Temari."

"Heheh, I think I know!" said teasily Naruto. So he’s not dumb about others‘ relationships, but when it comes to him, he is. He’s really weird. Why him, Hinata-sama?

"Let’s go…" said Gaara. He lead us to his apartment.