Chapter 5: Cunning Orochimaru

Normal POV

"That idiot Naruto, what is he doing here?" thought Sasuke.

"What a drag," thought Shikamaru.

"Naruto is here, I should apologize to him. But what was Mieko talking about? Naruto and Demon fox?" thought Sakura. She didn’t believe this gossip. But she doesn’t know anything about Naruto.

"D-demon fox? Monster? Who are you, Naruto?" thought Ino.

"Hmm, he’s back," thought Sai and smiled. He always felt a positive mood from Naruto, which reassured him.

"Damn Naruto! He should stay injured longer!" thought Kiba.

"Kiba isn’t happy about Naruto’s comeback. Because now he’s his love rival," thought Shino. Choji wasn’t paying attention. He was hungry, so he ate chips.

"Hinata attracts strange people…" thought TenTen. Mieko caused a great commotion. Unfortunately, the girls who admired him began to trust him. They didn't know Naruto, and now they stopped trusting him. Mieko did not give up. He was still clinging to Hinata. Naruto was extremely upset, but he didn't want that event to happen again. He packed his things and moved to the back desk.

"It has finally been resolved. Let's move on," said Mizuki. Naruto was still upset. Why is he here? Just why? He still had to think about this. He didn’t want the past to repeat itself. He was so happy he got into high school and now this is going to happen. He is most afraid of losing people he trusts. Just like then. He immediately had an hour with Professor Orochimaru.

"Uhh, I want to go home-ttebayo…" complained Naruto.

"Dear students. Let's write a test today!"

"Huh?" Naruto didn’t know about it. So did Hinata and Sasuke. But Sasuke learned this stuff before. So now he didn’t have a problem with it. Hinata prepares for every lesson with Professor Orochimaru. He’s very mysterious, so no one knows what to expect from him. But Naruto was in hell.

"Ahhh! He can’t do that to me!! I’m really fucked up-ttebayo!!" Naruto raised his hand.

"Ara, what is it, Uzumaki Naruto?"

"Have mercy! I was in the hospital and I didn't know about the test!"

"Such stupid excuses. I didn't get you to that hospital unless it was psychiatry. Of course you write the test!" He licked.

"I knew that psycho Professor won’t have mercy with me!" thought Naruto. Naruto was in depression. After a while, the tests were handed out. Naruto could not afford another F, he would fail and not make it to the 10th grade. Orochimaru began to dictate questions.

"Who discovered the radiation?... When did it happen?...  Describe the  emulsion… What is distillation?... What does air consist of?... And now follows the nomenclature of acids…"

"Ahhh!" Naruto stroked his head. Naruto answered only one question. Hinata looked at him and knew he didn’t do very well.

"Hinata and Shino, select the papers."

"This is the first time he has addressed me correctly," thought Shino.

"What are you doing, Shibo? Select it!"

"… and I guess the last," thought Shino. Hinata secretly took her pen and exchanged her test with Naruto’s. She won’t let him fail.  A bad mark will not endanger her in any way.

"Here it is, Professor Orochimaru." She smiled at him.

"You should learn from her, Shibo."

"I’m Shino."

"I don't care."

"But I do," thought Shino.

"Babe, what did you do?" asked Mieko.

"Why does he still address me like that?" thought Hinata.

"Nothing. Nothing you should worry about." She smiled. She doesn't want to be rude to him, even if he deserves it. Mieko noticed that when she took Naruto's test, she began to rewrite something.

"Ahh, I can’t…" thought Naruto, lying on the desk.

"Naruto-kun, do you think I don’t see you? Sit straight!"

"Why does he still notice only me?!" thought annoyed Naruto and straightened up. He rested his head on his elbow. After a while, however, he fell asleep, and Orochimaru threw chalk at him.

"Don’t sleep in my class!"

"He’s so annoying today-ttebayo…" thought Naruto. He had somehow survived the other classes.