Chapter 20: Twins

Itachi’s POV

"Izumi, hold on…" Izumi was in terrible pain. I hated looking at her like that. She has a date tomorrow, so she has to endure it for a few more hours. It's seven in the evening and Izumi is tired. The doctors gave her some medicine. But they didn't want to exaggerate because of the babies.

"Ahhh! Ahhh!" Izumi was breathing hard and had constant contractions. I was worried about her and the babies. After a while, the doctor came to us.

"Well, it looks like we can't wait any longer, Mrs. Uchiha."

"It’s still a miss…" Izumi smiled. I blushed with shame.

"Oh, I’m sorry. Anyway, since you are expecting twins, we will have to give you a cesarean section."

"D-doesn't it hurt my boys?" Izumi was worried.

"Don’t worry. We are experts. Nothing will happen to your boys. Plus, you're not in a high-risk pregnancy, so everything should go smoothly."

"T-thank you, doctor…" she said.

"So let's get started." They took Izumi to the operating room, where they put her to sleep. I waited impatiently. Half an hour... An hour... 2 hours… The operation is too long! Did something happen?! After a while, I saw Izumi being taken back to the room. She was still in artificial sleep. I had to make sure!

"Doctor, how did the operation turn out?!"

"Don’t worry, Mr. Uchiha. The operation went well. Your girlfriend is now just tired of the complexity of the operation. But your sons are fine. Then the nurse will ask for your names."

"Thank you! Thank you!" I hugged him. He didn’t expect this.

"An ordinary thank you would suffice. It's my job." I smiled.

"Can I see my girlfriend?"

"We'll let you in after about an hour. But now she needs peace and rest. But you can look at your two sons."

"All right, thank you!" I went to the room where the newborns were. There were so many. I was looking for them under the name Uchiha. Then I found them! They had gray-black hair after me. There were only a few, but I knew it. And they had a round face after Izumi. Even the lips. Of course, they had a nose after me. I haven't seen their eyes yet because they slept soundly.

"Name… name…" I was thinking about names. Izumi and I never agreed on names, so it's hard. I wanted one to be named Sasuke. But I don't know if Izumi will let me. I'd rather wait until she wakes up. I don't want to make a decision without her. I waited an hour for Izumi to wake up. When I came to the room, she looked scared.

"Where are they? Where are my boys?" I took her hand.

"They're fine, don't worry."

"Itachi!"

"Which reminds me, we have to agree on names."

"You have an idea?"

"I would have one…"

"Here with that!"

"All right, hmm… What about Sasuke and Inosuke?"

"This again? But… I like it." Izumi blushed.

"Izumi… thank you. Thank you for the lives of our children…"

"Itachi?"

"Only now did I realize that I would not find a better girl and you are the right one for me. When I first met you, I didn't know you would be the love of my life and I'm sorry I haven't met you before…"

"Itachi, you…?"

"Please make me the luckiest man in the world and marry me!" I opened the box with the ring.

"Itachi! I love you! I love you! I love you!!" She hugged me.

"Is that a yes?" I had to make sure.

"Of course!! I'm so happy right now!! Tears streamed from her eyes. She was moved. She didn't expect this from me. I kissed her… Sasuke called me after this beautiful announcement. I didn't want to take it, but…

"Just pick it up, Itachi." Izumi smiled. She still had to look at her beautiful ring. We're engaged now.

"You won't change…" said Itachi and picked it up.

"Sasuke, I don’t really have a time now…"

"Itachi!!! I've called you 30 times!! What happened?!!"

"Uhh, Izumi gave birth the day before. I couldn't talk to you."

"What!! My nephews were born and you won't tell me anything?!!" Izumi giggled.

"Hahah, sorry, Sasuke."

"What are their names?!"

"Inosuke and Sasuke."

"Sasuke? Really? You are so original," said sarcastically Sasuke.

"Hey, that was for you! You should be happy!"

"I am, I am. So what about Mafia? What will we do now?"

"Sorry Sasuke, maybe next time..."

"Oi Itachi-!" I hang up.

"That was rude, Itachi!"

"I don't want to deal with something so trivial right now. Now I want to spend time with my family." I stroked her head.