Chapter 1: Funny Sai

Sai was just leaving school too. He was quite inconspicuous, so no one even noticed him. That is, up to one person. Ino sat sadly on the bench and noticed Sai leaving.

"Sai-kun…" She thought he wouldn't hear her.

"Ino, what are you doing here?"

"Huh?! Me?! I-I…"

"Can I sit down?" Ino nervously nodded. Then she straightened up so she wouldn't look like a loser. She also tried to smile.

"You don't have to pretend anything in front of me. I know your smile is fake." Ino blushed.

"As a companion, I'm probably useless, but I've read how to lift someone's spirits. I thought it might be useful," said Sai.

"Y-you did? Could you please try?" He smiled.

"Let's start with the joke. Why don’t scientists trust atoms?"

"I… I don’t know…"

"Because they make up everything." Ino didn’t laugh.

"I guess I'm not that good at jokes. What about this?" He stared at her for a moment. Ino was nervous. Then he made a ridiculous face. He learned this from Naruto, who kept doing it to his teachers. Especially to Iruka. Ino did not laugh again.

"Then, then…" Sai tried to find his book. Ino suddenly started laughing.

"Huh? Did I do something wrong?"

"Hahahahah! You are so funny, Sai-kun!"

"But I didn’t do anything." Sai didn't understand Ino's sudden burst of laughter, but he knew her laughter was sincere this time. It made him happy.

"So… why are you sad?" Ino became serious again.

"I didn't make it to the I didn't get to the Physical Olympiad."

"Huh? You are sad about this? Don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll get there next year!"

"No! I don’t care about this! I just feel distant again. Most of my friends, or a former friend, got on. Plus, I don't even have anyone to talk to right now. No girl friend just because I'm stupid!" Sai read that in such cases one should embrace. It evokes a warm feeling in the heart and the person calms down. That's exactly what he did. Ino blushed even more.

"I don't have any friends, so I don't understand much, but I know you need support now. But I think you could make up with Hinata-san."

"How did you…?!"

"I know what happened between you two. I also know what happened to Sakura-san. Even so, I think you should give her a second chance."

"I don’t want to. She has been acting like a bitch since that time. I can’t recognise her anymore."

"That's why I think she needs someone now. Being alone will destroy her."

"You said yourself you were alone…"

"That is something else. I'm used to solitude. Sakura-san no."

"I guess you are right. Thank you, Sai-kun." She smiled sincerely, Sai recognized it and smiled too. Sai thought he was doing well and could leave. But when he got up, Ino grabbed his shirt.

"Please don’t leave. I don't want to be alone after what you told me." Sai smiled. "I will stay here."

"Can you tell me another joke?"

"O-of course, Beautiful." Ino blushed even more.

"Knock, knock," said Sai.

"Who's there?"

"Tank."

"Tank who?"

"You are welcome!" Sai laughed. Ino laughed too. Rather than the joke, Sai's laughter made her laugh. It was very contagious.

"Thank you, Sai..."

...

Meanwhile, Jiraiya spoke to Fugaku.

"I'm glad you agreed to do it. We really need your help."

"I'm only doing this for Naruto's protection. Look no further."

"Hmm, that's all we need. I hope you're ready to go on your risky mission."

"Of course! That's why I'm here!" said seriously Jiraiya.

"Thanks, we appreciate it very much. Especially when that sniper can be dangerous. You need to find out who it is!"

"I understand."

"Damn, he’ll find out about Hinata!" thought Sasuke when he heard it.

"Sorry Naruto, I think my promise is useless to you." Before Jiraiya set off, he changed into his disguise.

" Before Jiraiya set off, he changed into his disguise

"Good, now i can go."

"Maybe I should tell him…" thought Sasuke.

"Sasuke, don't tell anyone about Jiraiya. This is your mission too," said Fugaku.

"Yes, Father."

"Uhh, this is more complicated than I thought…" thought Sasuke, thinking what to do.