Chapter 3: Surprised siblings

Neji's POV

It was luxurious enough to live only with his siblings and he is 16 like Naruto. I know it, because Naruto told me.

"Wow, it’s better than my house!" said Naruto.

"What a surprise," I said sarcastically. Just when I look at him, I can say that he is not a very cleaning type. He would make Hinata-sama his slave!

"Gaara, you are not alone!" said surprised Temari.

"Oh, you are right, Temari!" said Kankurou. They approached him.

"Temari, Kankurou, these are my friends…"

"No way! Gaara has friends!" They said at the same time. They underestimate him so much! That Kankurou man shook my hand.

"It’s nice to meet you, Gaara’s friend!" he told me.

"My name is Neji."

"All right, Gaara’s friend!" He‘s getting on my nerves.

"Aren’t you Naruto?" said Temari.

"You know me?"

"Shikamaru mentioned you. We met once in your town too."

"So you've met more than twice? I would call that a date, dattebayo." I hate him! How can he be so dense when it comes to him?! That’s not normal!! Temari blushed.

"W-what are you saying, Baka!? I would never date that nerd!!"

"But you are blushing, Temari," said Kankurou.

"Shut up!!" She punched him. Shikamaru was telling the truth. She’s troublesome.

"By the way, what are you doing here?"

"I invited them. It would take them a long time to get home, so they would sleep here."

"Uhh, fine. Since you are Gaara’s friends," said annoyed Temari.

"Don’t be so irritated, Temari! Gaara has finally friends! We have to celebrate it!" said Kankurou.

"Paarty, yes!!" yelled Naruto.

"Hmm, hmm…" I coughed.

"Naruto, didn’t you forget something?"

"What?"

"Hinata-sama said that she’ll tutor you today. Even after what you did. You should at least call her and say sorry. It is polite."

"I forgot about Hinata! But… she still had to go on a date today, so I canceled it."

"Date??!"

"Hmm? She didn’t tell you?"

"Tell me what?"

"Just what kind of cousin are you when you don’t know it?"

"Tss, you are one to talk. Just spill it out!" I said seriously. This is news to me. Since when has Hinata-sama changed like this? And why don't I like it at all?

"Kiba asked her out…" he said sadly. Am I missing something?

"Kiba??!! Wait… Who’s that?"

"Your cousin is going on a date with him and you don’t know him? You are unbelievable…" Since when he’s so sassy? He is lucky that I have good manners.

"Naruto, this isn’t funny. Hinata-sama talked about something completely different. Keep those excuses!"

"Excuses? What-?"

"All right, all right, that‘s enough. We are celebrating here!" interrupted us Kankurou. But Naruto seems to be completely dense about this. After all, it was him who hurt Hinata-sama’s feelings. That’s the reason why I’m here.

"So Naruto, how did you meet Gaara?" asked Kankurou with glass of juice.

"So…" Naruto started telling us his story.