Chapter 10: Sasuke's decision

Sasuke’s POV

I don't know what my brother thinks, but I certainly won't let myself be manipulated just because my father told him. Tss, it’s so annoying. On the way home, I thought about it a lot and I was more and more sure that I would not join my brother. But then I bumped into someone.

"Watch out, incompetent brat!" said some bastard who doesn't know his place.

"What did you say-?!" When I looked at him, I knew he’s Hyuuga Neji. Our enemy.

"Hah, it’s you, Uchiha. I know it from your disgusting eyes. Well, I'll tell you your destiny and that is that you will die if you hit me again." I really hate this bastard!

"Tss, don't be conceited just because you are equal to us in a way. White eye!"

"What did you say? In the end, it doesn't matter, our famous mafia will be entangled with you at our secret meeting." Meeting… Itachi mentioned that.

"I guess you'll be there too."

"Not just me, even Hinata-sama." Hinata??! That shy classmate? No way I would believe this crap!

"Liar. Hinata wouldn’t do something like this."

"You'd be surprised. Coincidentally, she helped us a lot some time ago."

"What? How?"

"What an enemy I would be to tell you. Just be careful. Hinata is exceptional."

"Don't make me poor. I will never believe this shit. Hinata isn’t that type…"

"Heh, you must have forgotten that she is also a Hyuuga. Her fate is the same as mine. That is why I will protect her."

"Looks like you're not lying."

"In addition, I would recommend you to keep Naruto with you more. You never know what might happen to him…" said Neji and left. I frowned at him all the time. That idiot Naruto! How is he involved?! Is it because of Hinata? If so then she’s a bitch for allowing this. If Naruto dies, it’s her fault, but I won’t allow this. I changed my mind. In the end, I'll join my brother!

Back with Naruto

"That damn professor, make fun of me like that…" Naruto was on his way home from school.

"Pervy Sage is less and less at home, what the hell is he doing?" Suddenly he saw him on the opposite street. He was talking to a police officer.

"W-what are they talking about-ttebayo?" Naruto crept closer. He was curious what they were talking about.

"If you still have any requirements for me, I'll be happy to try to meet them," said Jiraiya.

"Don't worry about it, sir. Especially if you help us catch them. They have been causing trouble here for a long time and we still have not been able to detect them."

"Catch them… Detect them…? Pervy Sage, what are you hiding?" thought Naruto. Then the policeman gave Jiraiya some file and left.

"Damn, Pervy Sage is going in my direction! Where should I hide?!" Suddenly he saw a container and quickly hid in it.

"Hmm, what was that sound? Maybe it was the heart of a lady who longed for me so deeply… Yeah, that must be it!" smirked Jiraiya.

"He won’t stop, will he?" thought Naruto. When Jiraiya went looking for the lady, Naruto climbed out of the container.

"Eghh, now I stink like a polecat-ttebayo…"  Then Naruto went home quickly to be there before Jiraiya. He realized that the people close to him were acting weird, even Sasuke. He looked pretty uncertain lately. As if he were expecting something. Naruto returned home, knowing he would find out nothing else. First of all, he took a shower. The stench was unbearable.

"Ughh, I can't wash it!!!" After about an hour, he finally managed to wash off the stench. At the same time, Jiraiya returned home.

"Uhh, I couldn't find the girl in the end…" he said in disappointment and closed the door. Naruto came to him, dressed in pajamas.

"Pervy Sage, I have something to ask you."

"What is it?"

"What were you doing with that police officer?" he said seriously.

"How do you know?"

"I saw it."

"So you were watching me." Naruto nodded.

"I don't think it's worth lying to you anymore, so I'll tell you the truth. In fact, I've been working with the police for some time. It's been since the day the famous criminal was shot directly in the cervical spine. We certainly suspect that they were Hyuugas, but we have no evidence. They do their job carefully and it was quite difficult to find his corpse. One treasure hunter pointed this out to us, who found the corpse using a metal detector. Apparently the criminal had a gold tooth…" Naruto had stopped listening since he mentioned Hyuugas. He knew about it and about the perpetrator. But he does not intend to sell her. It would ruin her life.

"… Do you happen to know anything about it?"

"Huh? What? No…"

"As I thought."

"And why did he give you the files?"

"These are records of previous murders. They may have something to do with this incident."

"I see."

"If you know anything, let me know."

"S-sure." Naruto saw how serious the situation was and began to wonder how he could help Hinata.

"Ahh, I can't think of anything now. I'm going to sleep." So much happened that Naruto had no idea what the day was supposed to be, but it was Wednesday. He was relieved that they did not have chemistry. He probably wouldn't have hold on if Orochimaru made fun of him again.