Chapter 10: Rin lives...

Kakashi’s POV

School is finally over. I don't want to see the brats again on Monday, but what can I do? In addition, the author of my favorite book is late in releasing a new series. Ahh, I hate my life. In addition, I wanted to give my students a homework today, but they convinced me that I would then spend my time correcting their figments of fantasy. I'd rather read Icha-Icha Paradise again.

Before I went home, I went to a familiar place. At home, only an empty table is waiting for me anyway. After my mother died, my father committed suicide. He couldn't stand her death and couldn't stand the sight of me. I inherited her eyes, which reminded him of her. He loved her more than me. He took his life on his last mission as a police officer.

I ... hate them. Police officers. That’s why I rather became a teacher. It’s an annoying job, but at least I don’t work alone. Sometimes it’s really satisfying to see how my students are growing up. Mainly Naruto. His absences have shrunk significantly. He probably found some motivation to stop by that school at all. I was told he was only late for my classes. With my own late arrivals, I didn't even notice it.

His marks have not improved, but it is clear that he is trying. Before that, he just threw away his pencil and protested that the tests were useless and that they would not test our skills. There's something about that. It doesn't seem like it, but Naruto also has his own dream...

Flashback

"All right, class, what is your dream when you graduate?" I asked, knowing they would not know. They are still too young.

"Me! Me, dattebayo!"

"All right, Naruto. What’s your dream?"

"I’m going to be the strongest FBI leader!!" All class laughed.

"That’s stupid!!" said Kiba.

"Like him…" muttered Shino.

"Oi, oi, calm down. Everyone has a dream," I said.

"Mine is to support my brother and one day to surpass him!" said Sasuke. He was always mysterious. I wonder what is his brother doing.

"Mine is to be rich and do nothing," said Shikamaru. The laziest kid in the class. Maybe in the world. But at least he has some dream.

"Mine is to eat the largest hot dog!!" Our eater Choji. I wouldn't expect anything else from him.

"Mine is… to be with Sasuke-kun!!" Ino and Sakura said at the same time. Sasuke just frowned. I hate these love triangles. It's easier when there are two and the love is mutual. Then it's not that annoying.

"Mine is… mine is probably to be a famous artist." Sai he is quite indecisive and also uncertain. He is not sure of his own abilities, but it is true that he has talent for art. He is quite clever and docile, but it is not a miracle.

"If Naruto wants to be the F.B.I leader, then I’ll be the president! Then I would be superior to him. I would be the most superior in this country!" That boasting Kiba again. He wants to beat Naruto in everything.

"I would like to focus on biology. Specifically entomology."

"Insect?!! How disgusting!!" said Ino. She just doesn’t respect others‘ dreams. I actually think it’s a nice dream.

"I want to be the most experienced armorer! We make swords in our family, so I would like to use our weapons somehow. Or at least sell them in the future… hahah." She noticed that she was carried away and reduced the weight of her dream. She doesn't trust herself either.
… The last one left…

"My dream is…" Hinata is not at all confident. She is very introverted and has not found any friends in class so far. You'd like to feel sorry for her, but I think that's what she doesn't want. She doesn't want to be the poor thing until she dies.

"… I want to be a secret agent...! And thwart my father's work…" What was the second sentence? I didn’t hear her. Well, I think she chose it because of Naruto. He affects her a lot.

End of flashback

It was nice to remember that day. It was the first week I knew them. But now I'm headed for the cemetery. This is a completely different story…

"Nohara Rin…" I read the name on the grave. She was one of my closest friend. Together with Obito. Obito is alive, but I don’t have an idea about his life. He… changed. And I don’t like it. He used to be quite like Naruto. But now he is bitter and full of despair. It's not a pretty sight, even though I haven't seen it in years.

"Kakashi…" I heard a voice behind. I know… that voice.

"Obito, I knew you'd be here today."

"I'm only here for Rin. So she knows I'm here for her."

"Obito, today it has been five years since her death. Stop that nonsense."

"She’s alive, Kakashi."

"And what makes you say that?" He can’t accept her dead. He was deeply in love with her and he can’t forget her now.

"I know she is."

"That doesn’t explain anything."

"You will never understand, Kakashi. My pain."

"I was her friend too."

"You were just a man who broke her heart. Nothing more."

"You can't make anyone feel the same way. For Rin, it had always been one-sided love."

"At least you could lie to her that day." She confessed to me that day of her death. She was lying on her deathbed…

"I always loved you… Kakashi. Please accept my feelings…" Obito was shocked that day. He couldn’t even look at me.

"I’m sorry. You are like a sister to me. Nothing more." She smirked and fell asleep forever.

It would be cruel to lie to her. She would die unaware of the truth. Obito just doesn’t understand. He put flowers on the grave and was leaving.

"Wait, Obito-!"

"I won't waste time here when the real Rin lives. Goodbye, Kakashi…" I’m worried about him. What would he actually want to do? Rin is dead and that’s a sad fact.