Chapter 12: Jiraiya in action

Naruto’s POV

Pervy Sage began to tell me everything.

"It started when you were born. I thought your parents' death was a pure coincidence. However, it turned out that someone wanted to get rid of Minato, and they used his kindness to do so. They knew he could never kill a small child. Your father worked as the head of FBI. His death was quite desirable, but Minato was a very strong opponent to them. I worked for him for many years, so I could know the real purpose of his death…"

I stared at him in disbelief. What monster could send a small child to death just to kill someone? I don't understand it at all, but I know one thing for sure. I want to know the killer of my parents!

"Pervy Sage, you said you worked for my father. So you have to know their killer…" Jiraiya swallowed.

"You're almost an adult, Naruto. You're starting to look a lot like Minato with your actions…"

"Don’t beat around the bush! Say it straight!"

"I… I… It was Hyuuga Hizashi…"

"Hyuuga??!"

"He died soon after this incident. He was allegedly troubled by a bad conscience and committed suicide. He was Hyuuga Hiashi’s twin brother."

"Hinata’s uncle!"

"Now you know everything. Please leave me alone for a while. I have to think of something…"

"Wait, Pervy Sage-!"

Normal POV

At that moment, Jiraiya slammed the door.

"Minato, do you see that?" But when he entered the dark alley, someone was waiting for him.

"I finally found you, Jiraiya-san."

"Aren’t you U-Uchiha Itachi?"

"I'm glad you still know me."

"Why are you here?"

"My father sent me to see you, but it was actually my idea. I need to talk to you about something."

"About what?"

"I know you feel a certain resentment towards the Hyuuga family. I want you to sneak into their business. More precisely, to find out all their secrets that concern the mafia."

"Why are you suggesting it to me?"

"We need to put a spy on them there. I know you worked for FBI and missions like this don't bother you. Can I count on you?"

"I don't want anything to do with their family anymore. Find someone else."

"I don't think we understood each other. I'm sorry to say this, but right now Naruto-kun's life is in our hands."

"You bastard, do you want to threaten me?"

"Wrong again. You should probably know that Naruto started working on them. He won't let it go as long as Hyuugas exist. The more he knows about them, the shorter his life will be and you can't decide it. Working with us may save his life."

"I didn’t know this… Naruto, what did you get yourself into?"

"Please accept my offer." Itachi handed him his hand.

"All right!" Jiraiya shook it. When he returned, he said nothing to Naruto. He knew he would start poking his nose into it again, but he also knew he would have to leave him for a while. The Uchiha Mafia is based in another city for security reasons. Jiraiya will therefore have to leave, and it is not at all certain that he will ever return…

When Naruto woke up the next morning, he didn't want to get up at all. He still had to think that his parents' death wasn't a coincidence and that the Hyuuga is responsible for it.

"Naruto, wake up, you will be late for school!"

"I’m coming-ttebayo…" he said dejectedly.

"You look awful. Did you sleep at all?"

"Of course… Just let me be." But Jiraiya couldn't just let him be.

"Naruto, stop dealing with Hinata and her family."

"Why should I do that??! Hinata is obviously in danger. There’s no way for me to leave her alone!"

"That Hinata is or isn't in danger is her business, but, Naruto, do you realize that it was Hinata's family who killed your parents??!"

"Shut up! Don't compare Hinata to her whole family. She's not like him, like them!" Jiraiya slapped him. Naruto touched his cheek. Then he took his bag and left quickly.

"I guess I overdid it… But it is not possible for me not to be worried about him after what happened to his parents… Minato, Kushina, I promise I will protect Naruto, even if it costs me my own life!" Today is the day Jiraiya is to visit Fugaku. He needs to talk to him about a few things. When Naruto came to class, Kakashi was even in it, which must mean that he is very late.

"I, I’m sorry, I got lost on my path of life…"

"Are you trying to use my own tricks on me, Naruto?" Naruto smiled nervously. Hinata giggled discreetly.

"But we will not talk about Naruto's late arrival here today…"

"In that case about yours?" Sakura said cheekily.

"… no, we will talk about Physical Olympiad. And as your class teacher, I am required to inform you that a few of you have been nominated for the Physical Olympiad."

"What a drag," thought Shikamaru.

"Nara Shikamaru was the first to be nominated."

"W-what a drag."

"Then Uchiha Sasuke, Haruno Sakura, Sai, Aburame Shino and Hyuuga Hinata. That’s all."

"Finally, I'll get a little visible, because not everyone gets to this olympiad," thought Shino.

"Kakashi-sensei, when will it be?" asked Sasuke.

"In two weeks at this school."

"Tss, it doesn't suit me," thought Sasuke. „

"In two weeks, but we are flying abroad!" thought Hinata.

"Any problems?"

"No..." both said.

"So let's get back to class." Sasuke looked at Hinata. Something didn't fit him. Since he had already joined his father's mafia, he knew of their future meeting with the Hyuugas, but Hinata seemed unaware of anything…

End of season two. I hope you stay with me for the next season. 😅