Chapter 10: The Test

With Naruto

"That stupid old man! He doesn’t understand anything!" Suddenly Jiraiya came to his room.

"Naruto… I’m sorry about that slap, I overreacted because you were right and I didn’t want to admit it. After all, you're like my grandson, and I love you so much. You're the only thing I have left after Minato and Kushina. Please forgive me…"

"What about your job? What about your habits? I really hate this!"

"You're right, I'll find another job so I can spend more time with you and try celibacy."

"Celibacy?! And you?! Are you kidding?!"

"Hey, this isn’t funny, I’m deadly serious!"

"Hahah…" Naruto burst out laughing. Jiraiya smiled and stroked his head.

"I missed that laugh…" Naruto blushed. He missed this moment. 

… The next day, Naruto did not go to school. Maybe it suited him because they wrote important test which Naruto was not ready for.

"But no, I'm late…!" said Hinata. The girls bought her pumps, but there was no time for that. Plus, she wouldn't get anywhere in them. She took her bag. She put a light purple bow in her hair and a light red lipstick on her lips.

"I-I feel so embarrassed…" She also put on mascara. She didn't want to emphasize her eyes even more, but the girls reassured her that it would be better. She also took a denim jacket and stockings from Ino. Then she went out of her room, unsure of her appearance.

"H-Hinata-sama!" said Neji who saw her.

"I-it’s really embarrassing… I should change, right?"

"No… I wanted to say you look amazing."

"R-really?"

"But…" Neji wiped the lipstick with his finger.

"… there is no need to emphasize so much." Hinata was lost in thought.

"… Oh no, I forgot I’m late!"

"I'll take you to school, I wanted to go pick up the goods anyway."

"Another weapons?" Neji nodded.

*Oh, all right…" Hinata was upset about it. She didn't like the idea of selling drugs, borrowing money, or killing anyone. Mainly debtors or traitors. But… it's her father's wish. She has no choice.

"… Ms.Hyuuga, why are you late?"

"I-I’m sorry. I overslept." The whole class laughed. Because Kakashi came right before her. Even so, everyone was fascinated by her appearance. Hinata blushed from embarrassment.

"You at least decided to come, but where is Uzumaki Naruto?"

"Let me explain, Naruto got hurt yesterday and is supposed to stay home one day." Sasuke didn't want to get too involved. If they found out they were drunk while they were minors, it could be a problem.

"I see, but the test will not pass him."

"I'll tell him," said Sasuke.

"Which reminded me to write the test. Everything down and just a pen in your hand. As soon as I see someone copying, I'll kick them out of class, understand?"

"Yes, Kakashi-sensei," said class.

"All right, you have 30 minutes…" Normally, Shikamaru and Kiba would have been out the door a long time ago, but they were threatened by their parents, especially their mothers, so they had to write the test.

"I’m worried about Naruto-kun. What happened to him?" thought Hinata.
… The test was difficult, strangely Shikamaru used his big brain and had the test done in 15 minutes. Sasuke wasn't as fast as he was. Right after that, Shikamaru fell asleep on the desk.

"… 2 minutes left…"

"Come on, Hinata, focus!" thought Hinata and slapped her cheeks.

"… 3… 2… 1… Time out! Stop writing!"

"Uff, I made it!" After the class, Hinata went to see Sasuke.

"S-Sasuke-kun!"

"Hmm, what do you want?"

"W-what happened to Naruto-kun?"

"Don’t worry, your boyfriend is all right."

"He’s not my-!"

"He just strained his leg as he got drunk."

"I-I see."

"I expect you to visit him, so tell him he won't miss the test," said Sasuke and left for another class. The next lesson was history with Mrs. Kurenai. Being the most boring subject at school, Shikamaru used it to get a good sleep. Professor Orochimaru didn't hold back either. He gave them an unexpected test that no one expected. Of course, the nerds did it. Sasuke, Sakura, and Hinata did well. However, Shikamaru had exhausted all his energy, so he did not answer a single question. Right after school, Hinata decided to visit Naruto, but Neji was waiting for her in front of the school.

"Oh no!" She secretly got past him and then ran so he wouldn't see her.

"She’s late," thought Neji. When she didn't go long, he thought she was home and drove back.

"Uff, he’s gone…" Then Hinata finally went to visit Naruto.

*ring* *ring*

"Who could that be?" Naruto didn’t expect anyone. He opened the door even though he had to go with crutches because of that leg.

"H-Hinata?"

"Hi, Naruto-kun." Naruto noticed her sudden change and blushed a little.

"What's with that sudden change?"

"You noticed? Well, girls made me… But now no one bullys me, that is one of the positives…"

"I see, well, you look pretty cute with that bow." Naruto touched it and Hinata blushed more and more.

"Oi, Naruto, who is it?!" asked Jiraiya who was home with him.

"Your godfather isn’t at work?"

"No, but come in, I’ll tell everything to you."

"A-all right."