Chapter 9: Will Naruto survive?

Hinata still saw the scenery vividly in front of her eyes.

"F-fatherrr…" Hinata was crying. Shisui's walkie-talkie broke, so Deidara ran after him.

"Y-you bastard! Do you know how far it is here, hmm!!!" said Deidara breathlessly.

"I-I’m sorry," said Shisui.

"Hmm? That is her? Shouldn’t we kill her too, hmm?" Hinata didn't even notice what was going on around her. She was bleeding enough and losing consciousness.

"We'll take her to the hospital instead. Her wounds are deep."

"We will save her?! What are we, a rescue unit??!"

"Deidara, I’m the one responsible for it and I won’t let her die. The real mission was to kill only the leader."

"Ahh, all right, hmm!" said disappointed Deidara and helped Shisui with Hinata.

"You are really annoying, hmm!" said Deidara.

"I-is that so?" asked nervously Shisui. First they went to see Fugaku. They had to make sure they were doing the right thing. Fugaku told them that she was no longer dangerous to them without her father and that they could let her go.

Shisui borrowed a walkie-talkie and let Itachi know to return for another patient. Itachi was quite surprised to find out what had happened, even though he knew about the plan. He didn't expect his father to actually do that or that Hiashi would let him. He told them that Naruto was out of danger of death. But he's still in surgery. The wound was deep and tore at his shoulder and his nerves. He could lose that hand!

Itachi left Sasuke alone there and returned for Hinata. Hinata wasn't well either. Shisui didn't hit her internal organs, but the loss of blood affected her a lot. There was nothing that could be done, and Itachi took her to the nearest hospital. Actually, where he took Naruto. Hinata wasn't so serious, but they still had to take the bullets out of her limbs and stop the bleeding. It was just a small operation that ended before Naruto’s.

When Sasuke found out that Hinata was there, he wondered what had happened. Itachi couldn't stay there with him. He had to return with the others. Sasuke was supposed to be back too. But he refused to leave his friend. He was so stubborn that Fugaku finally allowed him to. After Hinata's operation, he visited her.

The doctors hesitated, but eventually let him visit her. After all, his visit was not to be dangerous to her. … Although he tried to kill her a few hours ago… He entered her room. Hinata was still asleep from exhaustion.

"Naruto will be all right," Sasuke said to calm her down. A smile appeared on her face. Sasuke sat down next to her and waited patiently for her to wake up.

"What did you do?"

"I… I couldn’t save my father."

"Hinata?" Hinata was suddenly awake.

"W-what do you mean?"

"I… tried, but your comrade didn’t let me."

"Who?"

"I think Shisui-san was his name?"

"Shisui…"

"Neji-nii-san would say that it was his destiny. It is also said that everything you do will come back to you one day. My father killed a lot of people, including my mother. Even so, he was my father and it hurts to know that he is no longer in this world."

"My parents are alive, so I don’t know the feeling. But I understand. He was important to you, no matter what kind of person he was." Hinata smiled. She was surprised she could talk to Sasuke so smoothly. About her feelings.

"That’s right. He was… important to me."

"Don't think about what happened anymore, it happened. You won't change it…" Hinata knew what Sasuke was talking about.

"Don’t worry, I leave no resentment to your father or family. Even if I did, what could I do? My father probably deserved it."

"I'm just saying that Jiraiya joined you just because of that feeling."

"Jiraiya-san?!"

"Y-you didn’t know it? He was Kashin Koji."

"So that’s why he seemed familiar to me! But why…?"

"Your uncle, Hizashi, killed Naruto’s parents. Jiraiya couldn’t bear this feeling and wanted to help us. Mainly for Naruto’s safety. He didn’t want Hiashi to kill him."

"That’s why I was avoiding him. I didn’t want to get him killed."

"That’s how it was…" Suddenly, Naruto was brought into the room.

"The operation ended well. The patient is stabilized. Unfortunately, this is the only room available, so I have to leave him with you," said a nurse.

"That's fine, I'll be leaving anyway…" Hinata tried to get up, but her hurt leg didn’t allow it.

"What are you doing, my dear?! You'll lie here for a few more days before your wounds actually heal!" The nurse said seriously.

"Few more days?!" Sasuke smirked.

"You'll probably share a room with Naruto here for a while," teased Sasuke.

"Aaaahhh!" She hid under her blanket. Sasuke had to laugh at that.

"Oh, I thought that you are her boyfriend," said the nurse.

"Me? Oh no. I’m just a friend of this idiot." Sasuke pointed at Naruto.

"I see, I’m sorry!"

"Don’t worry about it."

"All right. If you need anything, ring the bell," said the nurse and left.

"Nice lady," said Hinata.

"Naruto probably won't wake up for a while, so I'll go. I have something more to discuss with Itachi."

"Ahh, all right."

"See ya," said Sasuke and left.

"This is not like me," thought Sasuke. He overcame his cold self because of Naruto, who was still in artificial sleep. Hinata watched Naruto. He was sweating and seemed to have a fever. That shoulder must have hurt.

"It’s all my fault," thought Hinata.