Chapter 6: The Fox

Naruto’s POV

How could I look forward to here?! It's finally over! I quickly slid down the railing and hurried home, but familiar voice stopped me.

"Naruto-kun…"

"Hinata, what are you doing here?"

"I’m sorry about what happened in the class."

"It’s not your fault!" Hinata shook her head.

"I should have stopped Mieko-kun."

"You, you don’t know anything about us."

"Huh?"

"Please don't get involved, it's just between us."

"I see," Hinata said sadly. Did I upset her? But I really have to solve this myself. I won't let him do it again!

"Naruto!!" someone yelled at me. I turned around. Sakura? What does she want?

"Sakura, what is it?"

"Not -chan? I see," she said. That’s right. I don't think she deserves to be called -chan anymore.

"Hinata, we are going-!" She caught my wrist.

"Naruto-kun, listen when someone is talking to you." I looked at Sakura. She was sad. I have never seen her like this.

"I just want to apologize… I’m sorry about what I said back then. You are really nice guy! I was just obsessed with Sasuke-kun. I didn’t see it. Could you forgive me please? I know I want too much from you, I just don't want to be your enemy…" I hugged her.

"Finally, it's a good old Sakura-chan that I liked!"

"Don’t talk nonsense! You have Hinata!" Sakura-chan smiled. That’s right. I have Hinata. I looked at Hinata. She was trying to smile, but I know she was sad. I let go Sakura. I think that’s the reason she’s sad.

"Well, it was nice to talk to you again, Sakura-chan! And say hello to Sasuke!"

"B-baka!" She punched me. Ouch. She’s really scary. We said goodbye and I went with Hinata. She was quiet.

"I wanted to ask you something." I accompanied Hinata home. I didn't even notice anyone following us.

"What is it?"

"W-will you come to the funeral with me, please?" She was nervous when she asked me that. She probably can't forget the event.

"Is it all right? I’m not Hyuuga you know."

"It doesn’t matter! Only I, Hanabi and Neji-nii-san will go to the funeral. It's personal enough and we don't want anything to happen in the process. Our acquaintances are not very sensitive…"

"I’ll go!"

"Really?" A smile appeared on her face. I would kill for that one smile, dattebayo.

"Look!" She pointed to a hunting trap. We were just walking through the park. It's possible that someone was catching an animal here. I grabbed her wrist and ran to look at it. Her face was red. But why? She probably has a cold! That’s it! We found the trapped animal. It was a fox.

"A fox?! What is it doing here?!"

"Naruto-kun, its leg is injured," she said worriedly. She always cares about others more than herself.

"It is not good. It could lose that leg." Hinata took the fox. She had an ointment and a bandage with her. She anointed the wound with ointment and carefully tied it. She would make a good vet.

"Better!" She said and petted the fox.

"We should probably take it to the vet," I said. Hinata agreed. But when we wanted to go back to the city, we came across someone.

"Naruto, it's pretty ironic that you have a fox with you. Or rather quite apt. What do you think, babe?"

"Why don’t you leave him alone, Mieko-kun? He did nothing wrong!" I appreciate that Hinata stood up for me, but it’s just between us two.

"Will you let the girl stand up for you? You're poor-!" I grabbed his collar. I had a hundred appetites to strangle him.

"Like a monster like you… could do something to me…" I realized what I was doing and laid him on the ground.

"I'd rather never meet you," I said and left.

"Naruto-kun!" Hinata chased after me.

"I’m sorry that you had to see it. Shall we go?" She nodded. She understood that I didn't want to talk about it. We went to the vet. The vet cleaned and sutured his wound, putting a bandage on his leg.

"It should be all right next week, take good care of it." He winked.

"Thank you, doc," I said and we went out. But then, for some unknown reason, it started growling at me.

"Oi, what’s wrong with you?";And it bit me.

"Ouch! You damn fox! What if you had rabies?!" Hinata took it in her arms.

"Hinata?!"

"Shh, it’ll be all right. It’s scared, Naruto-kun. It just needs a hug." She smiled and hugged it. I was somehow jealous of it. So I frowned at it. We both growled at each other. Hinata giggled.

"What’s so funny?!"

"You two will be great friends."

"There’s no way!" She smiled.