Chapter 8: Death

Hinata’s POV

What was he doing here? He shouldn’t be here… It should be me! I should be killed! So the lives won’t be taken away. But then it would fall on Hanabi… There’s no way out! I decided to come back. Not to my father, but to where I could see what was happening. I'd rather run away and follow him, but I can’t…

"Hinata-sama!!" yelled Neji-nii-san.

"Neji-nii-san?"

"Are you all right? I heard gunshots so I wanted to make sure you are okay."

"I’m… all  right."

"That’s a relief. I also came here to get you. Our families are finally about to meet."

"I… understand. I’ll prepare my sniper rifle. I just have to find a perfect place…"

"Are you sure you are all right? You look terrified and your hands are shaking. It was that Uchiha brat, wasn’t he?!" Neji-nii-san was looking around to find him.

"N-no, I’m all right. Believe me."

"Of course I believe you! Well, I have to go. Call me over the radio if anything happens!"

"S-sure." Neji-nii-san left. He had to be by my father’s side. I didn’t want to be useless and went to find some place, so I could watch my father’s moves. I found the perfect place so I could watch the whole thing. It looks like the two sides are just about to meet. Neither side believed each other and sent me and Sasuke-kun to remove each other…

Normal POV

"Why did you send Hinata away without letting me know?" asked Jiraiya.

"Koji-san, Hinata is in your unit, but she is my daughter. I can send her where I want."

"Looks like you still don't believe me."

"You think?" Jiraiya frowned. Then he received a message from Fugaku.

"Jiraiya, it’s enough. Take him!" Jiraiya nodded in agreement. He took Hiashi around his neck and aimed his weapon at him.

"W-what do you think you are doing?!"

"Something I should have done a long time ago. Hiashi." He revealed his face with his gun.

"J-Jiraiya-san?!"

"That’s it!" Finally, Uchihas also came to them.

"Long time no see, Hiashi!"

"F-Fugaku!" Hiashi signaled Hinata to shoot. But no response.

"Are you looking for you daughter?"

"W-what happened?!"

"Let's say someone other than Sasuke took care of her…"

"Ahhhh!"

"H-Hinata’s voice!"

"I’m sorry. You won't die, but you won't be able to shoot anymore. Your hands are shot. Two bullets are just crossing your path," said Shisui.

"You bastard!" said Hiashi.

"You know, Hiashi, there's no place for the two of us. Plus, it would take someone more capable into your position."

"W-what are you talking about?"

"Jiraiya, kill him."

"Kill? We should just arrest him."

"Change of plan. He's too dangerous to stay alive."

"That's what the real one says…" thought Jiraiya.

"No!" Neji kicked out his gun. Then he used Aikido to free Hiashi.

"T-thanks, Neji."

*cough*

*cough*

"The far more capable one had just appeared. Catch him!"

"Yes, my time has finally come!" said Deidara and caught Neji.

"W-what are you doing?"

"Don't even move you bastard, you just have small mines around you that explode whenever I launch them! That will be the true art!"

"What a psycho…" thought Neji.

"Neji!" Hiashi looked behind him. All his army was lying on the ground.

"W-what happened?"

"Money is money."

"My weapons won’t come to waste."

"Joshin-sama, I did it!"

"Know pain."

"You too," said Konan.

"I’m just doing it for Itachi. And our organisation."

"W-who are they?"

"Itachi's friends. I hired them. They are very useful."

"I never expected this…"

"Are you ready?"

"I guess I don’t have other choice."

"Fatherrrr!!!" yelled Hinata who saw it.

"Be quiet, it’s for your own good," said Shisui. Tears appeared in her eyes. Although she can't forgive him for what he did. It's still painful for her. See her and Hanabi soon become an orphan… She wanted to run after him.

*shoot*

Shisui shot her in the leg.

"Just stay here."

"F-father…" She was lying on the ground, crying that she can’t do anything.

"Why didn’t you shoot my important organs?"

"I know you are wearing a bulletproof vest. And it's not my intention to kill you either. I don't like these ends."

"Then why?"

"I'm waiting for Itachi to take the lead. Then this is not going to happen at all."

"I-I see."

"Hiashi, any last wishes?"

"Heh, Neji, take care of Hinata and Hanabi. They will need you when I'm not here. Tell them I committed suicide. Or at least Hanabi, who won't know. I don't want them to feel anger. I also want you to become a leader. Please change this mafia for the better. You're the only one who can do it…"

"Hiashi-san!!" Hiashi smiled one last time at where Hinata was.

"I’m sorry for being such a shitty father. You deserve better, Hinata…"

*shoot*

*shoot*

*shoot*

"Hiashi-sannnn!!!!"

"Fatherrrrr!!!" Hiashi was lying motionless on the ground.

"I can't feel his pulse. He‘s dead," said Kakuzu.

"Perfect. tell Shisui to come back. We're leaving."

"All right!" said Deidara.

"Nagato, are you all right? You wanted to avenge Yahiko's death."

"It's too late now, Konan. Plus, I didn't care who did it. Especially since I'll never see his face again."

"You handle it well."

"Revenge leads nowhere, it just creates more hatred and it becomes a cycle of hatred…"

© Linkin Park