Season 2: Shy Or Spy?

Over the weekend, Hinata visited Naruto, as she had promised. He still felt depressed after the date and Hinata wanted to comfort him. That's why she baked him something. It was a cake. Hinata arrived around one afternoon. When someone rang, Naruto went to open the door immediately.

"Ha, Hinata!"

"W-we have not seen each other for a long time, Naruto-kun."

"Huh? We saw each other yesterday-ttebayo."

"Oh, you are right."

"What are you carrying?"

"Oh this! I-it’s cake for you…"

"For me?"

"Well, I thought you felt bad after yesterday so I baked it for you."

"You are so nice! Thanks-ttebayo!" He invited her inside. Then he opened the box.

"Wow, the cake smells delicious!" Hinata giggled.

"You can eat it after-."

"Dud yow saf samwing…?" asked Naruto, eating the cake. Hinata didn’t understand what he just said. After a while, Naruto ate it all.

"Uhh, that was delicious-ttebayo…" His belly was full. Hinata was shocked. She didn’t expect this.

"Y-you had to be hungry…"

"Of course! Pervy Sage’s cooking is awful! I can't eat it!" Hinata looked around the room.

"He’s not home?"

"No, he went shopping, but as I know him, he’s definitely flirting with saleswoman…"

"Oh…"

"You are here to tutor me, right?" Hinata nodded.

"Thanks, you always care so much about me…"

"You don't have to thank, I'll be happy to do it!"

"As expected from you, Hinata. Well, that test was in physics, right?"

"Umm. Page 130 - 150 in the textbook."

"Who the hell can remember that..." Naruto fell into depression.

"D-don’t worry! I will teach you how to remember it as much as possible!"

"You mean cheat sheets?!"

"Huh? No, that not… First you need to underline the important words and formulas. Then you have to read it a few times to remember as much as possible. For the third time, you may already understand the meaning."

"Read? Sounds boring. But what if you read it for me? So I would remember it for the first time." Hinata blushed.

"A-all right…" Naruto listened to Hinata's lovely voice. He was surprised at how much he could remember from this alone. After reading, she checked to see if Naruto remembered. Surprisingly, he remembered most of it. He just didn't understand the formulas, so Hinata explained them to him.

"Wow, thanks Hinata! That helped me a lot!" He smiled.

"I-I hope you succeed on Monday."

"Yeah, I’ll show Kakashi-sensei to not understaminate me-ttebayo!" After a week, the results were published. Surprisingly, the first was Shikamaru. Who would expect that. Sasuke was second and Sakura was third. Hinata was sixth and Naruto…

"I’m 12th-ttebayo!"

"What? Naruto is really 12th?" Sasuke was shocked.

"I’m so proud,“ thought Hinata. Kakashi was also surprised, but he was glad he wasn't forced to expel Naruto from school. Months have passed since that day…

Everything went as usual. Hinata no longer talked to the girls. When she found out how conceited they were, she didn't want anything to do with them. In fact, she began to talk with TenTen. Both were victims of Sakura and Ino's superficiality. But something else was happening today. After a long time of staring, Sakura finally decided to confess to Sasuke.

While talking to Naruto about the break, Sakura approached them and gave Naruto a death stare to tell him to leave. Naruto still didn't want to take part. Two months have passed since that unfortunate incident. Even so, he couldn't stop thinking about it. He had not yet forgiven Sakura's hypocrisy because she had not even apologized for it. In fact, she doesn't even know that Naruto heard her and she doesn't care.

Even so, Naruto didn't want to defend her in love. Nobody should. Falling in love with someone is such a wonderful thing. It was Valentine's Day and Sakura made a chocolate for him.

"What is it, Sakura? I was just talking with Naruto about something important."

"W-well, this is important too, so please just listen to me. Sasuke-kun, I… I’ve always loved you since I entered this school and you were standing right in front of me. F-for me it was a love at first sight. Maybe you don’t feel the same way, but I had to tell you. Please, accept this!" She handed him her chocolate.

"No thanks."

"Huh?!"

"I… don’t date annoying queens like you," said Sasuke and left. Sakura was broken and kneeled on the grass.

"D-did I do something wrong? Is something wrong with me?" Naruto approached her when he saw Sasuke leaving.

"At least you know the pain of loving someone who doesn’t love you back-ttebayo," said Naruto and helped her up.

"How do you know?"

"I heard everything what’s on your mind. Nothing nice."

"Well, I was just being honest," said irritated Sakura.

"You didn’t change at all. If you’ll continue with this attitude, Sasuke will never love you," he said and left here alone. There was no point in talking to her. Sakura thought deeply. What's she doing wrong? Why she’s the bad one here?

"I guess it’s because he’s friends with Naruto. Naruto infected him with his cluelessness. But… what if he’s right? Maybe I should really change. I’m not perfect at all. No one is," thought Sakura.