Chapter 11: The Funeral

Hinata’s POV

It‘s finally Monday…

"Hanabi, get ready! We are leaving in 20 minutes." She didn’t say anything. This day is certainly painful for her. I prepared breakfast. She has to eat something. Neji-nii-san was ready too.

"Hinata-sama, how do I look like?" He came in his suit.

"You look good, Neji-nii-san!" It’s true. He looked like a gentleman in these clothes.

"I see. Hmm, what's that smell?" asked Neji-nii-san.

"They are pancakes. Hanabi's favorite." I smiled. I don’t want to be depressed. At least now. After a while, Hanabi arrived in her black dress.

"You are beautiful, Hanabi."

"Not like you, Nee-sama. But I'd rather not wearing these clothes."

"I-I see. Please have a breakfast." She ate slowly.

"Don't you like it?"

"I just don’t have a taste. How can you be so cheerful, Nee-sama? You should be sad…"

"Well, it wouldn’t make anyone happy, especially our father."

"Maybe you are right. But I won’t pretend anything."

"You don’t have to…" I was also wearing a black dress. Dress from my mom.

We finished and went to the place

We finished and went to the place. But I stopped halfway.

"Hinata-sama, what’s the matter?"

"I-I’m waiting for someone."

"Who?"

"I-it’s Naruto-kun."

"Naruto again? You won't learn…" said Neji-nii-san and smirked.

"Naruto? Who’s that?" Hanabi was curious.

"No one, let’s go, Hanabi. Your sister will caught up with us." She was confused, but listened to him. I've been waiting ten minutes…

"Oi Hinata!!!" It was Naruto-kun! I turned around. He was also wearing black clothes. He looked really handsome.

"N-Naruto-kun?" I blushed when I saw him. Well, I wanted to faint.

"Thanks to you, I don’t have to go to school! I really appreciate that!" I blushed. He can really make me smile this sad day. He grabbed my hand.

"Let’s go!" He knew I needed a support. He’s really the nicest person ever. We came to the cemetery where Hanabi and Neji-nii-san were already standing. Neji-nii-san focused on our hands.

"What is it, Hinata-sama?!"

"I’m sorry…" I let go his hand.

"Hell no!" Naruto-kun grabbed my hand again. That surprised me. Then he glared at Neji-nii-san.

"You!" Neji-nii-san glared at him too. They were like two scattered dogs.

"Please stop it! We are not here today for this…"

"Hinata…" He let go my hand.

"Let’s be friends for today!" said Naruto-kun.

"For Hinata-sama!" said Neji-nii-san. Then he dragged Naruto-kun away from me.

"Oi Neji! What do you think you are doing?!"

"Saving Hinata-sama!" But I felt the warmth of another hand. It was much smaller than his.

"Nee-sama, how come you didn’t tell me you have a boyfriend!" She scolded me.

"H-he’s not my boyfriend. We are just… friends."

"Nee-sama, you are really a bad liar!"

"Is that so?" I smiled.

"It’s obvious that he likes you."

"You are wrong. He sees me as a friend. I’m sure he still have feelings for other girl."

"Sometimes you are really stupid, Nee-sama! At least confess to him!"

"T-that’s not that easy! Let’s not talk about it anymore! Our father is waiting for us…" Hanabi was sad again.

"I wanted to forget. But Nee-sama, how did father die? I want to know! He’s strong so how?"

"He…" I remembered Neji’s words. He said something to me as we left the hospital.

"Don't tell her the truth about his death. She would just hate the scum. Tell her it was suicide…" Neji-nii-san still hates their family for what they did. I don’t. Hatred is bad and never leads to anything good. I'm probably naive, but I would forgive everyone. Everyone deserves a second chance.

"… committed a suicide…"

"W-what?"

"Suddenly he aimed his gun at his head and said: "We lost, this is the end… Neji, take care of my girls…" And then I heard a gunshot."

"That can’t be true! Father would never give up so easily!"

"I’m sorry, Hanabi."

"Why would he leave us?! Tell me you are lying! That someone killed him and he couldn’t do anything with it!"

"I…" I looked at Neji-nii-san. He shook his head at the sign not to tell her anything.

"It’s true. I’m sorry." Hanabi was pretty disappointed. She didn’t want to believe me, but she believed me in the end. It hurts me lying to her. But….  She’s that type seeking for a revenge. And I don’t want that to happen. Suddenly I heard a sad music.

"It’s beginning!" I dragged Hanabi to Neji-nii-san and Naruto-kun. The music kept playing and I couldn't stand it anymore. After a while, the priest came and began his speech…