Chapter 21: Tutoring

Next day at school

Naruto’s POV

Uhh, today we are writing a final test that will decide if I will repeat the year. It's from the subject that I understand the least, so I have the worst grades in it. Math. But I was tutored by Hinata last night, so I feel pretty confident-ttebayo!

Flashback

Hinata is late... What happened? She's never late, so I found it weird. Maybe it's related to today. She looked quite depressed.

*ring*

*ring*

It’s Hinata! I went to open the door, but the damn fox was faster. It jumped on the handle and pulled.

"K-Kurama?" said surprised Hinata.

"Am I ghost or what?" said irritated Kurama.

"I-I’m sorry for my rudeness!" Hinata bowed her head. I had to laugh.

"Hahah, Hinata, you don’t have to bow your head in front of that stupid fox!" Kurama bit my hand.

"It’s Kurama-sama for you!"

"Ahhh!! Calm down, Kurama!!"

"Tss!" Kurama let go my hand. Ouch. Hinata giggled.

"You really are good friends."
I grinned at Kurama. There’s just no way-ttebayo!

"So, let’s begin!" Hinata smiled.

"Oh, right, that math."

"But Naruto-kun, are you sure you will learn it in one evening?"

"Don’t worry-ttebayo!!" I winked at her.

"Umm, all right."

"I'm rather sorry to bother you so late, Hinata!" I stroked my head.

"I really don’t mind! In addition, I practiced it on the weekend. You don't have to worry about me!"

"Oh, okay…"

"I'm going out, Naruto," said Kurama.

"Alone?!"

"Tss, I'd rather be out alone than in one room with two love-birds."

"What did you say?!"

"And one more thing, Naruto, you really… can't flirt. Bye."

"Say it again!?" But Kurama was gone. He jumped out the open window and I could watch him from a distance.

"That damn fox!! He really won’t change!! Right, Hinata?! Hinata??" Hinata’s face was red. She was lost in thoughts.

"Oi Hinata! Your face is red! Do you have a fever?"

"No, no! I’m all right!"

"O-okay. So, here’s the textbook." I already had some notes in it, which surprised Hinata.

"Naruto-kun, don't tell me you were paying attention in class?"

"Uhh, I did. I didn't want you to have it so hard with me, so I overcame my drowsiness. Only now did I find out that Kakashi-sensei is really cool! If he doesn't read the perverted book in the lesson…"

"Maybe that's why he often gives us independent work…" wondered Hinata.

"You didn’t know it?!" Hinata shook her head. It was so obvious! He reads it most of the time! I'm also sure he reads those books more than once! Suddenly, Hinata smiled.