Season 5: Love Is War

With Naruto

"Ahh, why do i feel so depressed? Like I made a mistake…" thought Naruto.

"Naruto, I don't know, what do you think now, but aren't you curious what Hinata wanted to tell you?" said Kurama.

"As an annoying fox, you talk a lot and it doesn't matter anymore…"

"You should have let her finish, what she wanted to tell you so important. Even annoying fox like me knows this. Gentleman," Kurama said sarcastically.

"Tss, it was Kiba who interrupted!! And shut up!!"

"So you give up? Tss, you are just an annoying brat…"

"Shut up! This is better for Hinata, I have proofs."

"What proofs are you talking about?"

"They looked happy together in those photos…" Naruto said sadly.

"Hmm… so are you doing this for her good?"

"Yeah, I’m a loser, a failure, and an annoyance like Kiba said. But that's not the only reason. Girls hates her because of me... And Obito is after me. I don't want to get Hinata involved…"

"Idiot, she’s a sniper."

"Anyway, she looks really happy with Kiba, dattebayo!!" he said and fake smiled. But he feels something completely different…

"He’s so stupid," thought Kurama. It was useless for him to continue talking to Naruto and he fell asleep. After Naruto came home, he asked Jiraiya for something.

"Pervy Sage, train me!!"

"Ahh, I was just writing sequel to Icha-Icha Tactics… Why should I train you?"

"It’s important! And you are often away. I need to get stronger!!" Naruto clenched his fist.

"All right. But don’t overdo it. I've dealt with your case a bit, and Obito will probably want you when you finish school."

"Finish school? Why?"

"It would cause problems if you suddenly disappeared. Everyone would start poking around… Plus, you're still weak and totally useless…"

"So honest…" thought Naruto.

"And why are you in such a hurry? You don't even know the basics yet and you can't do much with parkour," said Jiraiya.

"I just want to forget… to move on…" Naruto said quietly, but Jiraiya heard him.

"That idiot fell in love…!" he thought.

"And why aren't you at work?"

"I had a morning shift today. I finished a while ago and wanted to relax a bit."

"Is that why you watch porn? And what about the book? Fifty shades of grey? Seriously?"

"Every author must be inspired by other authors! That's the law!"

"You're just running out of ideas, Pervy Sage," thought annoyed Naruto. Jiraiya coughed.

"Hmm, hmm, let’s train!"

"That’s the spirit, Pervy Sage!!"

"He just wanted to change the subject, you fool," thought Kurama. Jiraiya took Naruto to a dry and deserted meadow and continued training with him. At first he had to warm up and do a hundred push-ups, a hundred squats, and a hundred sit-ups. They didn't notice them being watched by energetic Lee, who was completely passionate about training.

"Uzumaki Naruto-kun, he’s training so hard! That’s the power of youth, I’m so proud!! I won't be left behind!!" Lee started walking on his hands and left. He wanted to walk around the local park, where Guy-sensei was waiting for him. After warming up, Naruto was sweaty and took off his top. It was warm these summer days. Jiraiya handed him a towel.

"You're tired after this. You still have to learn the basics."

"I know, I know, but can you teach me something new? Useful in a real fight?"

"Are you saying this is useless? As a punishment, you will now run 10 km!!"

"10 km??!! Are you kidding??!!"

"No, now go!!"

"Uhh, all right…" Even though it was ten kilometers, Naruto felt a little lighter. He's been training this for three weeks now, so he could run it." Jiraiya took advantage of Naruto's absence, and went to find a local swimming pool.

"Ahh!! The water is so cold!!" The women screamed. They were all wearing  bikinis, which suited Jiraiya's ideas.

"Ho, ho, ho, continue!! Just continue!!" he thought. He kept looking through the small crack until Tsunade found him.

"J-Jiraiya?! Is that you?!"

"That voice… it must be her," thought Jiraiya and turned around.

"Yo Tsunade, it’s been awhile! What are you doing here?!"

"I wanted to go to the water park with my niece Shizune, but I'm not in the mood anymore!"

"She’s angry…" Jiraiya swallowed.

"Niece?"

"She's the daughter of my husband’s brother. So she’s my niece."

"You are married?!!"

"Haah?! Do you have problem with it?!!"

"N-no, who’s the unlucky guy?"

"Jiraiya, did I hear right?!" She clenched her fist.

"I mean lucky!! Lucky guy!!"

"His name is Dan. And he gets along well with Nowaki."

"So, how long have you been married?"

"It will be 3 years in a month."

"5 years ago, the two of us broke up."

"Don’t remind me!! It was mostly your fault!!"

"I know this and I still regret it."

"In contrast to you, Dan is attentive, kind, intelligent and most importantly faithful!" said seriously Tsunade.

"Ouch, that hurts, Tsunade…" Shizune giggled.

"Let’s go, Shizune, we 're just wasting our time!"

"A-all right, Tsunade-sama!"

"Tsunade, just take care of Naruto. He’s still young and needs good people around him."

"Count on it-!"

"I'm not so sure about that. Naruto didn't mention it, but I know you invited Mizuki and Mieko to school. And you know very well what they did to Naruto! At that time, we were still dating!"

"Tss, I missed the staff and Anko left because of her bad relationship with Orochimaru! Mizuki was qualified, so I accepted him. And I took Mieko because he could boost our reputation. He has won several world competitions and is extremely talented. Our school needed him, so I couldn't just think of Naruto!"

"All right, all right, but you could have done it better."

"Tss! Let’s go, Shizune!!"

"But Tsunade-sama-!!" Tsunade dragged her with her.

"She still has the brutal power, poor Shizune…" thought Jiraiya. When Tsunade was finally gone, he could continue his research.