Soup | Armin x (Sick) Reader

Prompt- Reader is sick

a/n- contains some depiction of throw-up nothing detailed but could be a little uncomfortable so read at your own risk

That feeling you get when riding on a roller coaster is usually good. The butterflies that collect in your stomach make you feel happy. And usually, you'd agree, but now- bent over the toilet with a terrible stench around you and that sickly feeling spreading throughout your body- you'd give anything to make it go away. Training started in two hours yet the thought of moving from your spot makes your feel sicker- if that was even possible.

"Love?" Armin's voice entered the bathroom at the same time he opened the door slightly, enough to peek his head in and check on you. "Are you o-" His voice is cut off by another round of your stomach-wrenching, throwing up the things you had forced down last night. "Baby?" Armin questioned as he entered the bathroom entirely, shut the door softly, and crouched behind you.

His hands rubbed your back and shoulders as your stomach continued to retch up the little food you had. The smell was getting worse and your body needed a break soon. After a couple more times of heaving, you felt calm enough to sit back a little into Armin after flushing the contents down. He kissed the back of your head, mumbling sorry and telling you how good you were doing.

Your eyes closed, the only thing you focused on was Armin's voice and touch as your fever raged, making you feel like everything was freezing. The bathroom tile was usually cold but now with your body reaching dangerous temperatures, it felt like a sample from the Artic. You shivered, your body reminding you of its state as you once again had your stomach heaved and coiled into itself to release its contents.

Time slowed as it felt like forever before you could breathe again. This time though, you felt a little better. You must've been out of ammunition. Sitting back, your arm rested on the toilet with Armin sitting behind you, rubbing your back and arms to comfort you. His touch did just that too, the comfort you felt from his touch was amazing. After sitting there for a couple of minutes to make sure you were okay to get up, you did.

Armin stayed beside you as you brushed your teeth and walked back to the bedroom. Helping situate you, Armin made sure you had plenty of blankets, a cool rag on your forehead, a bucket beside the bed for an emergency, and -after a little persuading from the kitchen chefs- a bowl of warm soup. At first, you were hesitant to eat, the thought of having to hack it up later was the last thing you wanted, but Armin's soft smile and gentle words finally coaxed you into eating. It was nice, warm, and tasted good. Armin gave you soft coos of praise as you ate, making sure to let you know that you were doing a good job and that he was proud of you for your progress.

After finishing the soup he set the bowl on the nightstand beside you, letting it temporarily be forgotten as he took the damp rag off your head and angled his hand so that the back was against your forehead. After a couple of quiet moments, he sighed and put the rag back.

"Your still much too sick to go to training today Y/n. You stay here and rest. I'll talk to the captain." He spoke as he stood up and picked up the bowl.

"But-"

"No buts baby. You need to rest. I'll be back so soon as I can okay? I love you. Please sleep."

His words conveyed emotion as he stood by the door- going through it when he was finished. You didn't have any time to respond before he was gone. You slumped in defeat, noticing that the bed was kinda cozy. After slightly cursing Armin in your head, you laid down and finally went back to sleep.

No specific POV

As promised Armin told Levi and, after a little reprimanding, he told him it was fine. The day continued as usual and as soon as training was over he rushed to your room. He peaked his head in the door quietly. Noticing that you were sleeping he entered and closed the door as quietly as possible, making sure that you wouldn't be disturbed from your much-needed sleep. He walked to your bedside, noting that you had accumulated sweat all over your head, neck, and shoulders. He took the dry rag off your head and re-wet it before using it to wipe you down as best he could with you still mostly under the covers. He discarded the rag in the laundry before grabbing another one and wetting it before putting it on your forehead to replace the earlier one.

His eyes shot to you when you mumbled something incoherent but settled when you went silent, sleeping peacefully once again.

A few hours later
Your POV

The light slipped through your eyes as you let out a groan and lean up slightly. Armin sat beside your bed, resting his head and arms on towards the edge. Noticing you wake up he too sat up. His eyes scanned your figure as he asked you a question.

"Do you feel any better? Do you need anything?"

You replied with two no's. His reaction was a little deflated.

"How about dinner hm?"

You thought for a second before humming a yes.

That night the two of you ate dinner together in your room while joking around. You truly felt better and told Armin how thankful you were for his help. His response was sweet and simple.

"Anytime beautiful."

a/n- I just realized that I write fluff a lot so next will be a little angst I think because why not

If you see this - your beautiful and I love you<3