Undying | (Hurt) Levi x (Injured) Reader

Prompt- Levi is charged for treason but Reader saves him

Warning- there is depiction of violence and injuries so please read at your own discretion and stay safe<3

"I hereby sentence Levi Ackerman to punishment of the military police before being hanged for treason."

Those words haunted your mind. No matter how much you begged Erwin he always had a reason as to not save him- legal or not. Through rumors you heard of Levi's Military Police punishment, he was to be publicly whipped.

You begged Erwin even harder, the man never budging or saying yes, only making excuses and reasons not to. He said it would tarnish not only the Scouts but Levi's reputation as well, as if that was worse than death.

You stood in the towns circle, a post already in place only waiting for the unfortunate victim. You only waited a few agonizing minutes before he was brought out.

Levi's body was pale with multiple cuts, bruises, and scraps covering it. The sight was horrible and pitiful. He kept his head up, showing his defiance and unwilling to submit despite the situation.

His hands were cuffed and then chained to the post, an officer stepping through the forming crowd with a whip in hand.

"For your crimes against the King and Military," he spoke loudly to the crowd and Levi, "You shall receive 20 lashes."

You and the crowd gasped.

The guard lifted his right hand, the whip hanging from it, ready to strike. Before he could do anything you rushed forward, pressing your chest to Levi's back with your arms and legs covering his, shielding him from the officer.

"No." Levi whispered to you, "Go. Now."

"No." you whispered back firmly.

"Listen lady get out of the way."

"I refuse." you yelled back to him.

"Y/n." Levi urged you to leave.

"Then you shall take his punishment." the man barked.

"Y/n go!" he said harshly.

"So be it." you said.

The guard pulled his arm up and back.

"Y/n please don't. Go. Don't do this, please." Levi begged, doing his best to turn his head and make eye contact with you.

Though you had never heard him beg before you couldn't dwell on that.

"Tuck yourself in so I can cover you better. Make sure your eyes are closed and your head is ducked." you instructed.

"No Y/n- get out of here!"

You barely had time to prepare yourself, not that it would've helped, before the whip came down on your back. The harsh weapon easily cutting through your clothes and into your skin. Agonizing screams ripped through your throat next to Levi's ear, and for a second you worried that you were damaging his hearing, but didn't have time to dwell on it before another strike hit you.

"Y/n please! Please just go! I'll be fine I promise just stop! Leave, please!"

You didn't respond and instead stayed silent, trying not to focus on the pain until the next hit came down, starting the cycle over.

Levi's body felt broken, his mind in pieces from what just happened. He watched you slump over after the 20th strike as Hange rushed out grabbed your limp form.