Popcorn | Jean x (Scared) Reader

Prompt- Watching a movie with Jean

Gender Neutral

DOES CONTAIN SLIGHT VIOLENCE- SECTION WILL BE MARKED WITH **BOTH BEFORE AND AFTER

Modern AU

"Ahhh!" the woman on the screen screamed as a guy with a black ski mask appeared in front of her.

To be honest, you didn't care for scary movies. They weren't scary at all and super predictable. Jean, being the baby that he is, refused to watch any other genre. Yet one glance at him and you knew he was putting on an act. His body shook slightly and the covers were clutched tightly in his hands the held it up to just underneath his eyes. He did his best to hide is fear and discomfort yet you could tell that every jump-scare got him.

Internally, you laughed at his behavior. Your big scary sarcastic boyfriend being scared of a movie. Crazy. You reached for the bucket of popcorn and stuck your hand in without looking, intrigued at how stupid movie characters can be. Your fingers touched the bottom of the popcorn bowl though, the popcorn gone. You new immediately who was to blame. You hadn't noticed but somehow Jean had managed to nervously eat all the popcorn.

Noticing your slightly judgmental stare, Jean looked at you and then to the bowl. He chuckled slightly before sitting up a little. He took the bowl from you while talking,

"My bad beautiful, want more?"

You nodded glumly, making sure he knew that you weren't happy that he ate it all without you. He laughed lightly again and stood up, making his was to the room next door that was your kitchen. He flicked the light on, letting it pour into living room slightly. Jean set the bowl on the counter and looked through the cupboards for the instant popcorn you had bought previously.

You turned your attention back to the screen and watched as the young girl sat at home alone. The TV started making a small yet high pitched sound putting you a little on edge. You continued to watch as the killer walked around the house, checking for any open doors or windows. You mind traveled to the upstairs window, then to the front door. Had you locked them? Surely no one was trying to break in but still. You couldn't seem to find a definite answer to the question that nagged at you as you watched the killer walk into the house using an unlocked door.

You became jittery and nervous as you watched him look for the girl. Suddenly, the room felt dark and cold. Your eyes were glued to the screen as fear started to flow through your body. The pillow that was previously beside you was now wrapped in a hug, secured tightly to your torso for comfort. It did little to relieve the tension in your chest though as the killer stood above the young woman.

*******************************************
Wake up. You thought, WAKE UP! As if hearing your silent pleas, the woman's eyes shot open and looked at the killer. She didn't have time to react before the person plunged the knife into her chest. He pulled it out again and repeated the process. You jumped every time and tears started to form in your eyes.
*******************************************

You pulled the blanket off the couch cushion beside you and over you body to try and sooth yourself, but when the person laughed evilly you decided you couldn't take it. You panicked and screamed, running towards the kitchen at the same time.

The kitchen has things you could use to protect yourself! Your mind screamed. Your thoughts were cut off though when you ran into something hard. You landed on your back and screamed. It's the killer. I'm dead. I'm so very dead. I don't ev- Your mind once again stopped when you saw a confused Jean standing over you. The terror you felt only seconds earlier was gone now- like it was an illusion. Jeans faced held an amused yet concerned expression.

"Baby what's wrong?" His hand helped you up as you glanced around.

"You screamed, I though maybe something had happened- are you alright?" His eyes looked over your form for any distress yet the only source they could find was your body, which shivered slightly, and your face which was pulled into an upset look.

"Stupid movie scared me I guess. Sorry for bumping into you. Is the popcorn done?"

Though you acted as if you were okay, you secretly were still a little concerned. How could you have gotten so into it in such a short time? Jean decided to let it go and answered with a smile while turning to grab the now refilled popcorn bowl.

"Right here. Now whatd'ya say we change the movie hm? How about... Wall-E?"

You grinned back in agreement while taking his hand and the popcorn with you. Jean followed closely, turning off the light on your way out with his free hand. After finding the movie, you put it on and snuggled into him. He wrapped his arms around you, both warming and comforting you, while you fed both him and yourself popcorn.

a/n- here a small-ish Jean one. Don't worry Reiner ones will be back in a couple chapters lol i've already started working on a couple that i think you'll like so as always-
i'd love to hear your thoughts (even if their totally unrelated lol i love reading them) and requests for anything

remember

If your reading this your perfect!<3