Always | Levi x Reader

Prompt- Levi and reader get into a fight

"Because I thought it was necessary! I can't just sit back Levi!"

The rain outside mixed with your voice, both making Levi agitated because of how loud they were. He knew he was to blame too, he was also yelling.

"Why can't you see that that was risky? There was no rationalization, the mere fact that you're both alive is nothing short of a miracle!"

You and Levi had previously gotten back from a recon mission. On said mission you had risked your life to save your comrade, Connie. Levi, however, was unimpressed at your stunt. When the two of you got back, he lead you to his office to talk. Although only minutes later you were arguing.

"But it worked didn't it? Connie and I are both fine. We're fine Levi! Why can't you see that?"

"Because what if it didn't work!What then Y/n? Do you have any idea how bad that could've turned out? Not only would you'd've died but for no reason too!"

"Connie's life matters too Levi. Try to understand that I simply couldn't do nothing."

"I can't. I can't Y/n because to me your life is worth thousands of theirs! The whole regiment could go to hell and i'd be happy if just you made it! I know that i'm not suppose to be bias but I can't help it, you mean too much to me."

His words would've made you happy but hearing that you mattered more than your friends... it didn't feel right to you.

"Levi I can't matter more than them. I appreciate it but you can't hold me above them-"

Levi's firm voice cut you off.

"The hell I can't. I refuse. I can't handle it anymore. From now on- your forbidden from going on missions. Anything outside the walls is off limits."

You brain couldn't process it. Your mouth hung open slightly.

"No. No way. You might be my boyfriend but as my captain you can't do that! There's no reason!"

Though it may not seem like the end of the world, in your mind it was close. Your whole life up to this point had been to go beyond the walls and help humanity. Levi's order blocked that.

"As your captain I am telling you Y/n- your not allowed beyond the walls. Doing so would be disobeying my orders."

"You think I'm some pawn to control? Is that what I am."

Levi's jaw ticked. He didn't want this conversation to continue, he wanted you to agree and cuddle with him like you did every night.

"You not a pawn Y/n, it's just that I don't want you to get hurt, I-"

This time you cut him off.

"So you don't trust my judgement! You think that i'm incompetent! That i'm some child that needs to be watched!"

"Yes! Because after today I don't know what you'll do! I could lose you over sheer stupidity!"

"I'm not stupid!"

"I'm not saying you are! It's just I can't trust you to prioritize yourself anymore!"

Loud and angry words continued to be shot back and forth.

"I care for you too much Y/n. So i'm saying this as your boyfriend- please just listen to me and do as I say. No more beyond the walls. You'll stay here with me, safe and where I know your not in danger."

"That's it."

You clicked your tongue , deciding if this was really the best decision right now. Both of you were high on adrenaline from yelling and arguing. You could feel the pressure in your eyes as you thought about what was to happen.