Anywhere But Here | Eren x Reader

Prompt- you catch Eren cheating on your 2 year anniversary

His smile was brighter. His eyes lighter.

Eren stood across the street inside a cafe, laughing with Mikasa. You stood on the other side of the road, your face emotionless yet still portraying the sadness you felt.

You watched for a few moments as they conversed before breaking out into laughter again. Then all of the sudden it stopped, the both of them staring at each other. You watched the space between them disappear until there was nothing, their eyes closed and lips touching.

He never kissed you like that, never as passionately or as beautifully as he did her. The first tears fell as your hands fell to your side, the brown bag in your hold rustling with the motion. You held up your phone, taking a photo of the two of them before sending it to him.

You watched as he politely excused himself, unlocking the phone and paling at the picture. His head snapped up and his eyes met your, Mikasa's following. Regret filled his eyes so much that even from the distance you could see it. He stood up as you set the bag down, giving a small wave before walking away. Rain started to fall as he rushed out of the cafe, your name being shouted as he dodged cars to get across the street. Mikasa stood at the door to the building, confused and conflicted on what to do. Eren raced after you but by the time he got across and ran a block in the direction you had gone he realized it was useless.

You were gone.

He trudged back to the spot you were in, Mikasa now standing the with the bag in her hold. She held it out to him.

"I-Im gonna go. Bye Eren."

He didn't respond as she walked away, his body staying still and shielding the bag from the rain. He walked home that way, covering the bag and stumbling slowly through the storm to his apartment.

He slumped on the couch, setting the bag on the coffee table as tears began to flow.

How could I do this? Why? I didn't want... I shouldn't have...

He knew it was his fault. He should've come clean, telling you the truth.

What truth. Do I even know what I was doing? I has bored and I wasn't unhappy. I loved- no I still love her. So why? Why did I?

He couldn't find an answer to the questions before his eyes landed on the bag, temporarily distracting him.

He shakily reached for it, putting it in his lap before gently taking out the contents.

Two boxes, one square and one rectangular. He opened the square one first, pulling off the brown wrapping and setting it aside while his fingers gingerly lifted the lid.

A gasp took his breath away.

Inside was a note and two promise rings.

To Eren,

Hello darling, happy 2 year anniversary! I can't believe it's been that long since you swept me off my feet. Don't be getting too crazy though, these are just promises. Still, i'll be waiting for the real thing<3

Eren sobbed. He had been planning on getting you the same type of gift at some point, now being the perfect opportunity had he remember the anniversary and not been... His eyes fluttered to the second box, gently opening it as he did the last.

His sobs came harder as he saw what was inside. A thin piece of plastic nearly the length of his hand, pink converting some of it but the most notable were the two thick lines.

A pregnancy test. A positive pregnancy test.

"No. No, no, no! Shit. No." he picked up his phone immediately, clicking the contact and calling your number. "Please, please pick up."

"I'm sorry but the number you are try-" the monotone voice was cut off by Eren who yelled, hanging up and recalling you. "I'm sorry but the number you ar-" again he shouted, hanging up and redialing.

"Please pick up!"

"I'm sorry but the number-" he threw it to the floor, his body breaking down as he cried.

The phone continued though, making his tears and pain worse as he listened to the monotone voice.

"... trying to call is no longer available. Please check with your service provider or try again at a later date. If necessary, leave a voicemail after the beep." The voice stopped, a beep following a second after.

For a couple seconds he just cried, finally finding his voice as hoarsely sobbing as he spoke.

"I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry. I didn't mean to. God, i'm sorry. Please just come back. I'll
do whatever you want. You don't even have to talk to me just let me help you. Please Y/n, you have to believe me!-"

You cut the phone off, a sigh leaving your lungs as your stepped into the train.

Next stop: anywhere but here.

a/n- i'm so sorry to the things i've been neglecting- requests and the next parts of chapters. either way- i'm gonna finally stop procrastinating and get working on it. thank you to all of you who have been patient with me<3

would you consider following me?:) you don't have to but i would greatly appreciate it<3

your perfect<3