Something | Prisoner Eren x Injured Reader

Prompt- The Military Police blame Eren for the damage in Trost

(This is an Eren version of my Undying | Lexi x Reader story)

⚠️TW⚠️ for depiction of violence and injuries

also i'm sorry to those of you who love Nile (me being one of them) bc he is *kinda* the bad guy in this

"... He shall be celled for a week and then publicly punished for his crimes." The soldier read loudly to the courtroom. The jury, biased and made of mostly MP's, made that decision because they could not get Eren into the MP's custody. This was their revenged. Erwin had to accept, choosing to settle for that as you begged him to challenge their decision.

"No, Y/n. That's final. If we challenge it then things could turn out worse. I'm sorry but there's nothing I can do." He continued to walk, leaving you with tears as you searched for Eren.

After a quick talk with Mikasa and Armin you found that he had already been moved to the dungeons below the courthouse, where he would stay for the next week. You made your way down, cringing at the damp and dirty area as you walked along the cells. Water dipped somewhere making a soft patter as the nearly silent rats scampered along. Eren will live here for a week. The thought was revolting and made you shiver, walking faster to find Eren's cell. When you finally did he was sitting on his bed with his elbows resting on his knees with his head hung.

"Eren?" He looked up, smiling slightly as he got up and came to you.

He reached through the bars, caressing your cheek delicately. "I'm sorry Y/n." He whispered.

"For what? You have nothing to be sorry for. Those pigs do. This isn't fair. You're a hero - not some villain. I should be apologizing to you. I'm so sorry. I'll try to figure something out, okay? I'll visit you everyday. I promise." His smile stayed present as he leaded his forehead on the bars, you doing to the same.

"I'd like that." He spoke softly.

As promised you visited him daily and talked to him about everything that was going on. He sat beside you by the bars and listened intently, chiming in and replying when he wanted. Sadly though, you hadn't made any progress in the removal of his 'punishment'. Everything you dried was stopped nearly immediately and things were starting to seem hopeless and you ran out of time. When the day finally came you had exhausted yourself with every answer only for them to crash and burn with no luck. So with drowsy eyes you watched as Eren was dragged out of the courthouse and into the town square where he was tied and left on his knees. He looked smaller, his bones and cheeks looking less full and his hair dirty and tangled.

"Eren Jeager, for your crimes against Trost and its people we, the Military Police, see it justice that you shall be publicly disciplined. Nile Dok will fulfill this as he sees fit." The voice announced to the crowd as Nile stepped forward. You were barely able to blink before he threw a punch, slamming his fist into the side of Eren's face and making him slam to the ground.

"Stop! STOP!" You screamed as you pushed past the crowd and into the circle that they had created. You continued to yell until you fell to your knees beside Eren. "Please, PLEASE let me take his punishment. I won't run or fight back, I promise. Just please stop."

"No. Y/n, no." Eren muttered beside you.

"Shh." You hissed at him. "Please sir. Let me." You begged again.

Nile looked away before nodding.

"No. NO!" Eren screamed as Levi and Hange came quickly and picked him up. "NO! STOP! PUT ME DOWN! Y/N, DON'T DO THIS. PLEASE. SHE'S INNOCENT! STOP!" Hange and Levi ignored his struggles though as he was carried away screaming.